Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(03-15-2020, 06:23 AM)werepuppy Wrote: The panic this is spreading is just too much for anyone to deal with, honestly. While taking safety measures is a good idea, it feels like they're aiming to create a lot of mass panic. (Side note: anyone else's anxiety/panic issuee been playing up a lot lately? Mine have.)

In a happier topic - the pictures look gorgeous and it would be amazing to hear about those buildings.

Oh, dear, I hope you feel better soon, sorry you have to go through this! Heart

(03-15-2020, 08:25 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I was trying to spot Liselotte at furst, she blended in so well to the general scene.

The buildings look lovely, look forward to hearing more about them later on.

What’s happening in your country sounds awful - the way the government is (not) dealing with things.
Here isn’t as bad by comparison.  Everything is still open shops wise, but large events (more than 500 people) have been cancelled.
Local sports games are hit & miss.  My softball games were cancelled, but the cricket teams that play in the local oval are still going (I can hear them from our house).
I haven’t had any notification from work about things - I’ve been on leave this week - so will go in tomorrow & see what they’ve decided.  I can mostly do my work from home, as long as I have the internet, so I will be generally okay in that regard.

Haha, the Kinský Palace (on the left, with red roof) looks like it was built for Liselotte, doesn't it?

I hope that The Land of Oz will get through it without unnecessary panic.

(03-15-2020, 09:30 AM)davidd Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 04:49 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Davidd, Carly seems to be really happy about discovering giant glowing skull! 

Okay, that was the absolute dumbest thing I have ever done on this forum, posting my ADAD pic in the wrong photo-stream!
Oh My
Gonna go hide under the bed in embarrassment now.

Thank you for the in-depth reporting on Coronavirus measures in the Czech Republic! Our media, despite the 'news' channels having 24 hours to fill each day, does not cover what any other place in the world is doing, so we have little for comparison. Schools and universities are all closing here, even in states (like where I live) with almost no cases.

Don't sweat it!

Our media tell us about other European countries in detail, a bit about US (and a smaller bit about Canada and South America) and we also have news from Middle East and Asia. I'm mostly just venting, because I'm tired of this hysteria and uncertainty, and I need to get it off my chest, and there's something mollifying (what a beautiful word) about sharing this mess with you guys.

(03-15-2020, 09:50 AM)Elfy Wrote: The Czech Republic do seem the have overreacted, but if they’d done less you can bet people would have said they didn’t do enough. That’s what is bent said here. The media needs to bear some of the responsibility here, the way they’ve reported in this has whipped up the hysteria.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Causing panic just so people don't say the government didn't do enough is harmful, especially considering they don't really solve important problems we have. I do see where you're coming from, and if the government made systematic steps and took strict, but meaningful measures, I would agree with you, sadly, that's not what is happening here. What they do is causing chaos and panic, and economical problems which will most likely have worse consequences than the epidemy itself.

They're not clear about the measures they take, they don't state clear rules for citizens to follow, they create new rules randomly, then have to change them, because they didn't think it through and the new rules cause problems, they don't concentrate on real problems - hospitals and and other healthcare institutions don't have enough equipment, they've been saying for at least two weeks they don't, yet the government only now started trying to import some of it, because they were too busy making spreading a virus by having it a crime. WHAT CIVILIZED COUNTRY MAKES HAVING A CONTAGIOUS ILLNESS A CRIME?!?! Oof, sorry, it still irks me to no end. They don't listen to ex-perts, and do what they think is right, because they're oh so clever, but as a result, they don't do enough for healthcare, and they actively harm businesses. Although, that might not be stupidity, our prime minister hates small businesses and self-employed people, so that might just be him using the COVID-19 as a cover for getting rid of some of them.

(03-15-2020, 01:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote: How nice to see some of the buildings around the square. I am glad you were able to go out for a bit and have a look around. It’s interesting to hear what’s going on in other countries, and I’m glad we can share updates here through the common interest of dolls.  smile

Sharing this with others really helps ease my mind. I'll probably keep complaining about this until it's over...

Day 75

The Great Toilet Paper Panic of 2020 finally arrived to Czech Republic. This morning, media informed about the TP situation in the US, and Czechs, being the idiots with hoarding problems they are, decided it's a marvelous idea and bought every last roll of toilet paper available. I make it a habit to have a month supply at any time, because I'm lazy (though I still wanted to get one package, to keep the month supply, well, a month supply), and I also have enough human and kitty food for another month, so I'm good, but I wish we stopped acting like a confused herd of imbeciles. Fun fact - our 3-ply rolls usually have 200 sheets.

[Image: f19c4104bcd4bf696642d87b531a0386.gif]

Meanwhile, the few companies able to make surgical masks and respirators are working overtime to make as much as they can, and the Ministry of Finances decided that now is the right time to send tax control committees there.

At least we seem to be successful in retrieving Czech citizens stuck in other countires.

I wanted to go out and snap some pics of the makeshift take-out windows tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to, because it is very likely that Czech Republic will declare some degree of areal quarantine (we should be able to go out, but only under strict rules), but nobody knows any details.

As of this writing, we have 253 confirmed cases of COVID-19, two serious ones (one new and one from before, who's slowly starting to do better), no deaths. For comparison, we have six weeks of common flu epidemy every single year, it kills cca 1500 people during that time, a few dozens die directly because of it, vast majority of victims are people with serious long-term health issues, which got worse because of the flu. This year, around 100 people died of common flu (so far. We're not counting anymore, because of COVID-19). Nobody shut down anything because of it, nobody declared spreading the common flu a crime, everything worked as usual.

The Toilet Horroll!

[Image: 7bed1d6884bf6e86394dd313edcad305.jpg]

Blondie, opinionated.

[Image: d5fce95cc5e21c7dfc06fdb345073e10.jpg]

And the original pic.

[Image: 66a709cc902ffdc1c90d52a710b95d40.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 03-16-2020, 04:15 AM