Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thanks guys!

Rochelle's act remains a mystery. I do remember old discussion on MH Arena, where somebody said she was a mime and stated a reason I don't remember but thought it was a good one back then. I think Mattel could have made her mime to avoid having to deal with clown nose and hat in 1/6 scale. The swing is the kids' one from playset, probably not the one trapeze artists use. However! I rewatched the last FdC webisode (FdC mini-arc is so poor, it totally doesn't do the dolls justice), and it became clear that who has what act doesn't matter in the fricken slightest, because everybody does everything. They all do trapeze and acrobatic performances (obviously wearing magic skirts that don't reveal anything, I could use one myself), balancing on balloon... The clown is actually one of the teachers, Frankie does one magic trick, Honey makes some balloon animals while having puppet cords tied to her hands, but she's not pretending to be a puppet, and Rochelle does that 'touching invisible wall' pantomime thing for the entirety of two milliseconds, and then they all go back to their previous frolicking. Their individual acts don't matter. Twyla and Clawdeen do their acts - stilts and beast taming, but they have their signature outfits, Clawdeen's has different colors. That arc is so wrong!

In short, Rochelle's act is being sweet and pretty circus ghoul. I'm fine with that.

Day 126

ADAW #17
My head is still out of order, so I just made a very simple one this week.

[Image: 022393b759cc6eab5a0665f64d01d7f8.jpg]

This is Florianne's newest plantimal, butterflyenopsis. It looks like a regular orchid, but once the buds fully open, it takes about three days for the blossom to mature, split off and fly away. Adults then mate and lay seeds in some warm and humid place. Which currently means Florianne's greenhouse.

[Image: 0d17c76bf74e55721e690d55c6489a36.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 05-05-2020, 11:47 PM