Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(05-06-2020, 09:48 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Now if I had to judge by that? Clawdeen is the ringmaster - and a fantastically fierce one at that!

I agree! She's a lion tamer (the lion being her pet cat), which is also very fitting, but I think she'd make an excellent ringmaster! I was kinda surprised they decided to include animal act in the line, seeing how controversial this topic is. I myself am against the use of animals in circuses. Not that I mind it in MH, because they're special monsters with special animals and nobody would hurt an animal in MH.

(05-06-2020, 11:50 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The two noir versions were stunning.

Like the weird Haunted Rochelle releases, these two were really easy to get here in Australia.

I wish the whole line was Noir. And also had a second wave with more characters.

Sometimes I think that Mattel uses draw or tasseography to determine what gets distributed where. Their distribution schemes are a joke more often than not.

(05-07-2020, 05:19 AM)davidd Wrote: Freak du Chic Clawdeen is a very cool figure. She must have been somewhat scarce most places (except maybe in Melbourne... lucky), because the secondary market price remains quite strong.

Apparently she was a lion tamer. Are those claw marks down her face?

She's the coolest! She really was hard to find, I don't know of many other people who have her.

She was, her pet cat, Crescent, played the lion. Her make up is mimicking animal print, similar to the one on her pants. It's the same zebra-but-not-really print as on her siggy top.

(05-07-2020, 11:53 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She does look fierce. Happy to contribute a name for the plantimal  smile
I recently interviewed an artist who spoke about people’s perception of detail in his work — nature and street scenes.  He talked about creating “the illusion of detail“.

She is fierce. Clawdeen's character has always been the fierce one.

Oh, that's interesting! A simple stroke in the right place can do so much more than actual shape rendered with a scientific level of accuracy.

(05-07-2020, 12:57 PM)Aichan Wrote: Fantastic, beautiful work on your set . I don't understand the doll a day yet though but its been a  long week,

I love your  Insane Majesty. At one point when I was looking through her images and scrolling it looked like her red eyes glowed for a second. I had to scroll back to see if that flashing was happening or just a trick of my eyes!

Your Monster High crew look so small compared to your Dollfie Dream or is that a Danny Choo Doll? I have a hard time distinguishing the faces from Azone and Choo.

I also loved your drawing, Victorian ad of Mourning attire. You are very talented.

Oh, wow, you actually went through the whole thread! Thank you very much!!!

Pullip Lunatic Queen is such a striking doll. As for Her Insane Majesty, if you want to read about my characters and the world they live in, I posted it in last year's challenge thread here: http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=7262056&pid=8238523#pid8238523 (it goes on for a few pages)

That's Danny Choo's Smart Doll, specifically Felicity. I only have small Azones, but I hope to get 1/4 and 1/3 ones to my collection some time in the future.

Thank you very much!!!

(05-07-2020, 01:37 PM)davidd Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 12:57 PM)Aichan Wrote: I don't understand the doll a day yet though but its been a  long week,

You are very talented.

Doll a Day is just what it says: several people on the forum are posting one new doll photo every day in their A Doll A Day (sometimes abbreviated ADAD) topics. Other are doing ADAW (A Doll A Week).

Yes, I agree, neon_jellyfish is exceptionally talented across multiple creative media.

Stop it, you're making me blush... LOL

Day 128

And the last one from my FdC collection - Twyla!

[Image: 2e1f4975f8aec56558a3bdebe2f70eda.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 05-07-2020, 10:57 PM