Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thank you guys!

Elisabeth truly is stunning, I liked her OK, and found her for a good price and within EU, so no custom fees and taxes, but once I changed her wig, I really, really fell in love with this doll.

Day 220

I slept with my window open, hoping to catch a glimpse of those wonderful hummingbirds davidd drew not too long ago (and also because it was awfully hot), but I caught a cold instead. My immunity is fun like that. So today's post is incredibly tired.

We are interrupting the redhead stream to celebrate the Lighthouse Day! Which, conveniently, happens in both our world and Oddwickshire!

I wanted to write more about this Oddliday, but my head is loaded with snot, so I can't think clearly.

Long story short, it's the anniversary of first lighting of The First Lighthouse. You can get really tall lighthouse-shaped cakes in cafés everywhere, there are some sculpting competitions, and the Lighthouse is open to public. Callisto even smiles when she's showing groups of tourists around! The main event of the day happens after nightfall, when Isidor puts on a spectacular light show (like colorful fireworks combined with holographic projection, except much better, because of his will-o'-wisp powers). You can also buy little lanterns of fantasque and bizarre shapes which host small holographic creatures made of Isidor's light as a keepsake. They last pretty long, and when they start fading, you just need to go to the Lighthouse, wait there for a bit and they will recharge.

The First Lighthouse is located in Quirkmore, but Oddlings love their lighthouses, so a lot of folks travel to Quirkmore to celebrate, and other lighthouses also host small events, so it's pretty much a nation-wide celebration

Since none of the Lighhouse characters are shelled, you probably don't remember them - you can read about them in my last year's thread here (they're spread over several posts).

For now, Beatrix will represent the crew for the press.

[Image: 7f67fddf1a9556432100f9d984f72bcb.jpg]

[Image: 411c0087a267c08b024f510650b5117d.jpg]

(this photo is a sort of nod to the one in the original Lighthouse post)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 08-07-2020, 11:12 PM