Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(08-13-2020, 12:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 08:04 AM)Loona Wrote: OK, I'm totally jealous now, these creatures look wonderful! We now sleep with the window open due to the heat, but all we get are flies, mosquitoes, and the occasional ground beetle. Oh, and the bats - but they stay outside (and sadly they are clearly not enough in numbers, oterwise we wouldn't have the previously listed 3 in the room).
I guess we also lack brains - probably Ghoulia and the Once Upon a Zombie dolls have already done the job during the nights?

I hear you on all the insect night visitors. I'm using that Raid / Biolit thingie that you put into socket and it disperses repellent. Works pretty well!
I once had a bat in the room, when I was visiting my grandma. Poor thing was so confused - the bat, not grandma - because the room was small and full of furniture, it must have messed up the bat's echolocation. Or maybe it was just curious... It fluttered around for about 20 minutes before finally flying out.
I must have lost my brain before I started collecting dolls, because my zombie squad never seemed to detect it. My migraines started when I was.. eleven? Twelve? I don't really remember... But that might be when my brain died... Or at least stopped looking tasty...
We haven't yet tried that sort out - maybe we should give it a go. If it only repels them, even better. The thing is, I don't like killing anything, not even a fly, I'd just like them to stay outside. And we never really had insect issues until this summer (minus the ants that have been here from the start. Garden ants in the city centre, on the 4th floor of a 100+ year old block. Go figure), so we didn't even have to think of ways to repel them. This strange year however, has come with an overpopulation of insects - one hand is enough for me to count how many mosquitoes we've had in the flat in total in the past years. The same goes for flies. But this year there isn't a single day that passes without at least one of either (or more likely: both) of these getting in. There was one afternoon a few weeks ago when we had at least 7 flies doing their group dance under the chandelier - it felt like 80's summer days at my grandmother's house in the countryside, just without the love and nostalgy. We used to have a lot of swallows that ate these up during the day - I don't hear or see as many now, which kinda ex-plains how the insects managed to grow in numbers. The bats are still here, but they aren't enough (and the insects have already gotten in by the time they wake up).

I'm happy to hear the batty managed to fly out. We never had a bat come in, but I do know people who had, and they all said the poor thing was so confused and scared and couldn't get out - they had to catch it and take it outside (though hearing your story, probably they were too impatient with the poor fluffy pal and didn't leave them enough time to get out my themselves?). I'd rather not make them go through a shocking ex-perience like this if possible.

That outfit seems so majestic! And I really like the mysterious angle and lighting of the photo.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by Loona - 08-13-2020, 07:29 PM