Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thank you very much, everyone!

(08-13-2020, 03:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I'd like to sleep with my window open more often, (I think it's too cold for those critters in Canada) but my neighbour's f%&*^#)%@!! rooster starts in pretty early Irritated 

I'd actually prefer a rooster that starts in too early, my street is one of the busiest in Prague, it's the only way to the airport, so it's a 24/7 party here -  non-stop four lane car stream plus two lane tramway. I especially love the bikers who seem to think that their roaring motors are extra cool at 2am. On the other side of the house, there is a tram depo, not just the parking type, the type with workshops, also operating 24/7. It's actually so noisy it's unhealthy, but the only possible solution are windows with extra insulation, which don't let in any air. This is an old and badly constructed building (from right after the war, when there was a severe lack of housing) and it gets way too hot in summer, it's like living in an oven. I find the noise slightly less lethal than the heat, so I prefer to open the windows, even if I keep waking up because of the noise. It does get a bit quieter between 1am and 3-4am, but it's still far from quiet.During the quarantine, when there were no flights, it was so quiet it felt unreal, but now, the buzz is back in its full strength.

(08-13-2020, 07:29 PM)Loona Wrote: We haven't yet tried that sort out - maybe we should give it a go. If it only repels them, even better. The thing is, I don't like killing anything, not even a fly, I'd just like them to stay outside. 

I think they kill mosquitoes and really small insects with windows closed, but they don't kill flies, they just numb them, so they don't want to fly. I'm a bit allergic to it, so I can only use it with open windows, and then it really does repel most insects from flying in, but some still do and if they get too close to the dispenser, they can die. I don't know about any repellent-only brands, all of them seem to kill at least the mosquitoes, so you'll probably need to do some research.

Day 226

[Image: d25a8124dedaef9d0d4095df1b86d661.jpg]

Redheadcount:

Characters so far: 7
Dolls so far: 7

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 08-13-2020, 10:14 PM