Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Thank you very much, guys!

Day 271

Another precious book of mine and also one you already know, as I use it whenever I'm doing anything fairytale-related. I love this one so much, not only because of beautiful illustrations, but also because it kept the language as it was in the original edition. These are folk fairytsles collected and edited by Karel Jaromír Erben, Czech author and poet in 19th century, and the way he uses language is magical, but as Czech changed a lot since mid-19th century, it is considered too hard to understand, especially for children, and the modern editions are always 'translated' into modern and fairly simplified language. I get that we need something for the youngest readers, but that doesn't mean we need to completely axe the original, does it? I didn't have problems reading this when I was a kid. Granted, my mom and my grandma went the extra mile to make sure I have the highest quality books, and actively encouraged me to read a lot, so I was raised that way, but that's exactly it - maybe we should do our best to teach kids to understand language before they grow up and it's too late...

So yeah, beautiful book, in more than one way. It has a lot of gorgeous princesses and brave heroes, so I chose Darling to pose with it, to represent them all.

[Image: 43e0206a25aa67b17d97fa4d20c76008.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 09-27-2020, 09:44 PM