Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(10-20-2020, 02:21 AM)werepuppy Wrote: He looks a dashing rouge here

I suspect him of secretly enjoying being dashing and roguish now and then, since he spends most of his time being invisible.

(10-20-2020, 07:40 AM)davidd Wrote: Very stylish, indeed!

Sorry to hear about the migey-rainey, but I'm sure with Mr. Morgenstern to keep you company, you'll feel better in no time.

That is incredibly fascinating about the colorful Addams Family set. I recall reading that in the early days of film, make-up often had a greenish cast in order to look natural with the black & white film stock of the era. Now I really want to construct a pink, yellow, and green diorama to see how it looks in monochrome.

There is, of course, a difference in how various film stocks responded to and recorded color, which differs from how digital sensors respond to color, so I don't know if the same methods apply. As you note, ex³perimentation! Rochelle's hair in the photo from yesterday, however, suggests that pink still records well in digital monochrome.

Do you snap your photos in monochrome mode, or convert in post-production?

Thanks! I think that modern methods can make a good B&W pic out of any color combo, still, I find the idea of having a diorama exclusively for B&W pics fun and charming (if a bit time-, space- and effort-consuming)!

I convert pics after I take them. My phone camera doesn't have a B&W mode, and I need to correct colors anyway, because its white ballance settings suck, so instead of fixing the colors I desaturate them, or use a filter.

(10-20-2020, 06:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: What a fascinating tid-bit about the Addams Family set.  I thought it was an elaborate dolls-house room at first glance.

Mr Morgenstern is very noble sacrificing himself so the others could run away.

It's funny, isn't it? Oh, but now you made me want a dollhouse replica of the 0001 Cemetery Lane mansion... With proper doll crew, of course.

He is the part-time secret agent of Her Insane Majesty, after all wink

(10-20-2020, 06:44 PM)Elfy Wrote: The spikes on his armour look like a good defensive weapon.

I think he can utilize them in more ways than I can imagine...

Day 294

Still having a migraine, to a point of being unable to draw, as I can't focus my eyes, so here's another substitute pic, I'll catch up with the monsters later.

[Image: ef8ba920b434c5ecaf6a0b2925171642.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 10-20-2020, 09:36 PM