Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Cute and creative photo! And the poor jellyfish - aww... I want to hug them! Though on a second thought, that would probably be painful.

(11-07-2020, 07:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ...having deadlines for a hobby sucks.
This, exactly. As someone who has ex-perience with killing hobbies by letting deadlines of any sort get into them, I know how this can be poisonous. My worst example is beadworks: it started out as a childhood hobby, then sometime in high school/university it became something that also brought me needed money, but due to the deadlines associated with it it also turned into first a chore, then a pain, and in the end, a thing I was longing to drop as soon as I no longer needed the money it brought me. Which is exactly what happened - pretty much completely though, not just the money-part: I'm certain one hand is enough to count how many times I touched beads to do something serious in the 10+ years that has since passed. You do not want this with something that you otherwise enjoy.

Other than this, I agree and resonate with the whole post TBH. Any hobby should initially be about you, and if it doesn't bring you joy (even more so: it starts to bring you negative feels), you should not do it. If you feel that you would like to bring in, or even prioritise another hobby, that's also exactly what you should do. And about spending less time online, I think most of us could benefit from that - I certainly know I could smile

That said, I echo others in saying that I hope you'll still have moments when you'll feel like taking photos that you will then share with us - I'll be looking forward to see them, whenever and however often they will happen smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by Loona - 11-09-2020, 01:59 AM