Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
(12-11-2020, 03:20 AM)davidd Wrote: The "cool guys" are definitely very cool... but I am reasonably certain that both of them would have been quite enthralled by this recent ex-plosion:

https://www.inverclydenow.com/pristine-w...-in-clyde/

A left-over sea mine from the Second World War was dredged up from the sea bed in Scotland. The military deemed it a "live" mine and detonated it.

I wonder if werepuppy heard the blast?

Oooh, that's cool, I would like to see that!

(12-11-2020, 04:05 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: The filtered version looks gloriously dark and gothic, but I have to say I love all the purples and reds in the original. And your Dark Queen definition is divine!

Thank you very much!

(12-11-2020, 07:08 AM)Loona Wrote: I actually use baby powder as a result of my failed (or considerably lower-efficiency) attempts at curing glue seepage with corn starch - *snip snip, so that this post doesn't fill the whole page*

Oh! Birthday Ball Blondie! You are right - I think my mind keeps on trying to deliberately make me forget her, and that line... I was massively in love with those pastel hair colours, but the line never made it here either... I did end up with Duchess as part of a second-hand lot purchase, and I like her, but she was one of the less-wanted dolls from the line, as I'm not that fond of her face-up.
If I ever get to do those reroots, I'll make sure I post them here! Being the massive procrastinator I am though, I won't commit to any dates :3

Your Dark Queens look insanely fabulous! Such a lovely group of dolls! And the definition of the Dark Queen is perfect  to describe what is one of my favourite doll aesthetics - even down to the kindness! I'll also say I prefer the unfiltered photo here, I really love the gradient transfer in hair and outfit colours that's visible in it (but is somewhat lost  in the filtered version). I normally dislike red and purple (or red and pink) together, but they all just work together fabulously in this picture.

Interesting! I thought talc-only baby powder was a thing of the past, all the ones I see in drugstores here have tons of stuff in them. Which is why I wouldn't put them on my dolls.

The lines that never got here were a big frustration with EAH, more so than with MH. It started with Way Too Wonderland, I really wanted a few of them, same with Birthday Ball and Dragon Games (though we did get Darling (and Apple) and I managed to buy Raven and Holly from Germany, but I also wanted Poppy), and the sour(est) cherry on top of my bitter EAH cake would be Fairest on Ice. Man, that line. I loved it, I wanted all three of them SO BADLY, but I couldn't, and still can't, justify the scalpers' prices on e-bay (plus shipping plus custom fees plus VAT). I can get a decent BJD or an Azone or two for that much...

And thank you very much!!!

(12-11-2020, 03:25 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Your cool guys definitely look like they're up to something.  Elazar is the instigator and Orpheus is the backup guy making sure they don't get noticed LOL
Your dark queens are all very dramatic.  I really like the red/purple/black colour scheme in the original photo too.

I have to disagree with that statement most fervently LOL 
Elazar is a pro, no, THE pro, and does not need no backup guy making sure they don't get noticed!!! His stealth skills are so amazing you could say stealth puts on Elazar mode when it doesn't want to be seen!

Thank you!!!

Day same old, same old
Day 346

It's been a while since I featured a Novi, so here are some:

[Image: b78c89cc2ffa8c04565a6bbbf9ccd72d.jpg]

Left to right: Vera Tabray, Mimi Merize, Anne Arctic, Una Verse, Mae Tallick; all are signature versions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 12-11-2020, 09:27 PM