Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Eeeek! You ladies sneaked your posts in during that 2-hours-short window when I was composing what seems, judging from the length of it, to be my first novel!

(12-13-2020, 11:27 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ahhh, the O'Hair twins look amazing

Re: the argument that who cares if you didn't get x lines, you got this one thing.... Yeah, I hate that line. It's one of those ones that just get me really annoyed and I will not go into the huge rant I want to go into. Just... yeah. I get the anger.

Thank you!

Oh, you encountered that one, too? Sorry to hear that!

(12-14-2020, 01:35 AM)Loona Wrote: As a fellow European, I'll also jump on the distribution bandwagon. Neon has said most of what my usual thoughts are regarding this topic, but I feel the frustration even more so because we here in Hungary, for some reason also unknown to me, even only received a fraction of the distribution that many other European countries had. Novi Stars and Bratzillaz (as far as I can remember) were never available in local stores, only in one webshop that had its headquarters in the Czech Republic and thus often had unusual stock; Moxie Girlz were only ever available once, for a short time, in Tesco supermarkets. Moxie Teenz, LIV or Pinkie Cooper were never available here in any way. And we do not have a Disney Store... the only counter-example, the only one we did have that I can currently think of, is Haunted Rochelle. If I look around, there are over 50 dolls scattered around the room, and one hand is enough to count how many of them were bought locally - especially if I disregard the ones I found in second-hand shops that only sell goods imported from the UK (that's a big thing here, I wonder if Brexit will bring any difference into it).

Your O'Hair twins look lovely, but I highly prefer the otherwordly Novis with their biiiiiig, sparkly bug-eyes! I love how you arranged them for the group photo smile Vera Tabray and Mimi Merize are ones I'd love to pick up if I came across them at reasonable prices (their scalper prices are definitely not that). Una's legs always leave me puzzled for a few seconds when I see her in photos - mine (well, the regular-height one out of the 3 Unas I have Tongue ) has been on an Anne Arctic body (that I bought off eBay just like that, headless) for years, and seeing her constantly like this (her firm spot on my desk is literally 15 cms away from my hand as I type, so I literally always see her when I sit at my desk) has made me so accustomed to her all-blue colour scheme that I tend to forget she's body-swapped.

Never knew Hungary was that much worse. Glad you were able to get at least some dolls on my turf wink

Brexit and its influence on availability of some things scares the hell out of me. Mostly when it comes to books...

Thank you! I found my Mimi and Vera in an online DVD store, they probably thought it was merch for some movie... My Anne, Mae and few others were from this weird hybrid between a drugstore and a discount store, no real toy stores had them.

I don't quite get the orange-yellow gradient on Una either, I'd prefer her to be just blue & white, but most of all, a normal doll, not a snowglobe. But I don't want to rebody because I love the chibi proportions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020) - by neon_jellyfish - 12-14-2020, 02:00 AM