dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2020
We have no idea about the inspiration for most of our girls. I only know Roni is based on Princess Knight, because I loved the cartoon as a kid and never really forgot it. We recharacter the vast majority of them in any case, and they kind of develop their own personalities.
I want the Taeyang Grell SO bad, and I have no idea about the anime either. LOL For me, I mean I liked Evangelion but I didn't get Rei and Asuka because of it... I just really like Asuka's hair and toothy smile-- I like the pullips with teeth. I got Rei to rewig/rechip. For me the only anime I was a 'fan' of before the collab was Sailor Moon but I don't anticipate buying any of the SM Pullips... there's just too many and at this point in time my interest in the anime has waned.

But I really enjoy a lot of the collabs too just from an aesthetic point, like the Lady Oscar/Rose of Versailles collabs are great, so are the Sengoku Basara ones. (Just realised now the green Isul is part of that set. Cool!)
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
I’m not sure why Lejays got Evie (Rei) but we didn’t know anything about Evangelion. We did find out a little bit and that’s why Evie and Nova (Asoka) are sisters in our doll family.
(11-28-2020, 06:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: I’m not sure why Lejays got Evie (Rei) but we didn’t know anything about Evangelion. We did find out a little bit and that’s why Evie and Nova (Asoka) are sisters in our doll family.

She looked cute (i liked her blue hair) & was cheap, and I wanted another doll to "play" with Amelia taking photos.  I had no idea about the character, and only a vague knowledge of the anime (as in I knew the title due to friends watching it, but nothing else).
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Week Forty-eight

Too much else to do today, so I am just using my Dal House photo challenge pic, in recognition of National Peanut Butter Lovers month.

Also discovered that the kitchen counter does quite well in the light department, although I don't plan on taking many photos there...

[Image: 78063336_0cacadd46c5f5b24ba3a127e39614886_standard.jpg]
With peanut butter coloured hair! Giving her a peanut butter and jelly colour scheme! Cute!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
EAH Getting Fairest Raven's nightie Heart

It looks so good on her!
(11-30-2020, 05:10 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: EAH Getting Fairest Raven's nightie Heart

It looks so good on her!

Especially with the coordinated sneakers!

It’s a really cute photo celebrating an entire month of peanut butter.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
That's cute. Organic PB sounds yummy. And once again great colour coordination with the PB&J vibe smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So to get this straight, that's just peanut butter, right? Not peanut butter mixed with jam (what those in North America refer to as jelly)? I've never understood the need to ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by sticking jam in it, or vice versa with a nice jam sandwich. When you say peanut butter and jelly is there a particular type of jam that's favoured? It's rather like ordering fish and chips, but not specifying what sort of fish you want.
Omg she is so cute!!! I love the pb&J aesthetic. Love her ♥ I especially love her cute curly hair.

(11-30-2020, 01:56 PM)Elfy Wrote: So to get this straight, that's just peanut butter, right? Not peanut butter mixed with jam (what those in North America refer to as jelly)? I've never understood the need to ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by sticking jam in it, or vice versa with a nice jam sandwich. When you say peanut butter and jelly is there a particular type of jam that's favoured? It's rather like ordering fish and chips, but not specifying what sort of fish you want.

I'm Italo-Australian but used to live in the US because my fiance is American. 'Jelly' is not really 'Jam' as we know it-- it doesn't have bits in, and is generally less preserve like than what we are used to in Australia. It's usually made from just the clear juice of the fruit and it's often squeezeable, so, that kinda gives you an idea of the consistency. The reason it goes particularly well with American PB is that American Peanut butter is super creamy, and the 'Jelly' is a good foil to that. I mean you can totally use a preserve or jam instead of American style jelly but it does alter the taste a bit, and our PB in Australia is a tiny bit drier. As to what type of 'jelly' is best... there is a big debate as to whether strawberry jelly orgrape jelly is the way to go. Having tried both, its grape jelly all the way in my humble opinion. LOL There's no contest. It's actually really hard to recreate the taste here in Australia because grape jam or jelly is not a thing here at all, I have never even seen it for sale! I always get it sent or have to buy it from USA foods.

I love PB on its own but there are some times I don't mind smooshing it up with grape jelly. Its a bit like when I add PB to my nutella toast or to my banana and honey toast. Just a bit of a different spin on something classic. Its a little weird but no more weirder than like, fairy bread. LOL

Now I'm hungry.
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
I'm with Elfy there - I also don't get why one would 'ruin' (please don't understand this in the offensive way smile ) either peanut butter bread, or jam-bread, with the other thing. I love them both, but not together. I used to feel the same with tea with milk (and I only say 'used to' because I no longer drink milk, not because I like them together now Tongue ). Wow, I never heard of grape jelly before - we have all sorts of jams and marmalades, but I don't think I've come across grape. I guess it's because here people always make wine out of grapes smile
I had to look up fairy bread, never heard of it. Wow... O_O

She's cute, I love the coordination in her outfit (and the outfit too, I've been hunting for the Raven doll to whom it belongs for a long time, I don't think she was widely available here, I got mine from abroad), and her wild, curly hair smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
I am not a fan of jelly, either with peanut butter or alone. I was laughing at all the PB&J comments... I literally just grabbed the first Dal I could find who was appropriately dressed (as in, not half naked or dressed for Halloween) and took the picture smile So the purple association was purely accidental.
(11-30-2020, 01:56 PM)Elfy Wrote: I've never understood the need to ruin a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich by sticking jam in it, or vice versa with a nice jam sandwich.
Haha, a purist wink  You would hate this...  A fisherman I knew once claimed one of his go-to sandwiches was peanut butter and -- sandwich spread.  Now, I don't know if that exists in Australia, but here's an example.  To which fisherman I said, "EW!!!"  I vowed I was going to try it sometime out of curiosity, but never did.  ...Hmmm.
I lived on PB&J while fishery observing with the above-mentioned person and others.  One needed a lot of food to get through the day.   And you'll think me a real heathen cos I'll put in whatever jam I happen to have -- raspberry, blueberry, peach...  Oh My  LOL

(12-01-2020, 01:11 AM)dunneh Wrote: . 'Jelly' is not really 'Jam' as we know it-- it doesn't have bits in,...grape jam or jelly is not a thing here at all, I have never even seen it for sale! I always get it sent or have to buy it from USA foods.
Yeah.  Jam has fruit pieces, jelly is clear.  At least in my world as well.  What, no grape jelly??  Augh!!!  Horrors!!!!  I would really miss that.  I like grape anything.
And I had to look up fairy bread.  Um....  Ohhkay den.  LOL
This forum is so educational!

(12-01-2020, 07:52 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I literally just grabbed the first Dal I could find who was appropriately dressed (as in, not half naked or dressed for Halloween) and took the picture... So the purple association was purely accidental.
Well there you go.  You are just naturally innately colour-talented xp  I think we knew that here.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Fairy bread sounds awesome! I'm going to make some up as soon as I get home next week! (Remind me, okay?)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!