DeadlyNova's A Doll Whenever 2020
SIGH.

OKAY. 

I HAVE FAILED. EVERY YEAR. 

And starting two weeks late this time is probably setting me up for failure too. 

But I'm gonna try anyway. Towards the end of last year I thought to myself, I really want to do ADAD this year and actually succeed. Then I forgot about it until January 10th. Oops. 

I'm starting late, but....I'm gonna post a few pictures a day until I catch up, then post the one a day. I'm determined this time. I WILL succeed. I hope. 

Like my previous....er, attempts....this will be dolls and figures, because I have an abundance of both. I'm gonna post three pictures today. 

1/365:
[Image: 49386417623_a83f5df6e9_z.jpg]ADAD 1/365 by Haley, on Flickr

Original 1967 Twist 'n' Turn Barbie. Found her at an antique store in a doll case stuffed with clothes for ten dollars!!

2/365:
[Image: 49386890061_afd2ee49e3_z.jpg]ADAD 2/365 by Haley, on Flickr

Disney Store Animator's Collection baby Ariel doll. Found her at goodwill with a rats nest on her head, fixed her up. 

3/365:
[Image: 49386888796_71411a406a_z.jpg]ADAD 3/365 by Haley, on Flickr

Shota Aizawa from My Hero Academia, Banpresto 'The Amazing Heroes' series.

Those are my first three! Cross your fingers I can stick with it this time.

I've made a special instagram account just for ADAD(I don't normally post doll photos on insta, but I figure maybe if I know more people are looking at them I will have more inspiration for this:
https://www.instagram.com/deadlynovaadad/
Welcome back! I always love the diversity of your collection.
Thank you!
And following!

Nice start to the project - we will all cheerlead your photos & encorahe when things aren’t going to plan.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you!

I'm going to try to be more creative this year, too...post more than just headshots.(Although you wouldn't think it from these first three photos. Oof.)
Welcome back! Good luck with it this year!
I'm happy to see you starting A Doll A Day again this year! A DAY, not a week! Go, you!!!

The outfit on that Twist n Turn Barbie (nice find!) is... well... I don't know how to phrase it discreetly, so... it's super-hot! And those smoldering blue eyes under those sideswept bangs! Barbie really had it back in the mid-'60s!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Welcome back (again!) grin
Good luck sticking with the challenge this year -- and remember, it's supposed to be FUN, not "ugh, work"... so if ADAD is too much, you can always do one a week!
Looking forward to seeing you around some more, and seeing your dolls again.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you guys so much!!!

@davidd: I agree with you on that! Just another reason 60's Barbies are some of my favorites! This outfit is technically a swimsuit, although I personally don't think it looks very much like one. But it's her original outfit, so I thought I'd keep her in it anyway, even if it's not exactly swimsuit season. xD

@alliecat: I knowwwww.....but every time I think about doing ADAW, I think about how one photo a week wouldn't even fit all of my Pullips into a year, much less fit in all the other dolls I wanna show! I'm going to try to keep it fun!
Welcome back! Always fun to see another diverse collection. I love your badass ninja doll.
(01-15-2020, 12:24 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: .....but every time I think about doing ADAW, I think about how one photo a week wouldn't even fit all of my Pullips into a year....

Oh My  You have over fifty Pullip dolls?!? All I can say to that is: we want to see a GROUP PHOTO!!!   Tongue
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Welcome to the mad club! You can do this!
Thanks guys. <3

@davidd: haaa...I have at least 80...although I haven't actually counted them in a while... 

A group photo is a great idea in theory, but I tried it around 20 dolls ago and it was a D I S A S T E R. One of the hardest things ever, can't even imagine it now. @_@
Hey guys! Here's three more photos! Doing something I didn't try to do last time which I think will make being creative here a lot easier, and using multiple dolls for some days! 

4/365: 
[Image: 49390744132_282d3500f0_z.jpg]ADAD 4/365 by Haley, on Flickr

Here's my Re:Noir, Piper, and my Tantus, Anderson! Andy is Piper's younger cousin, and he's always looked up to her and will do anything she wants him to do. It's been that way since they were kids. 

5/365:
[Image: 49390742007_d534424807_z.jpg]ADAD 5/365 by Haley, on Flickr

My creatable world dolls! I've wanted them since they were released late last year, but I wanted to buy them in person to show support for them and contribute to the money being made off of them. They're nonbinary dolls by mattel, and they each come with no name and a LOAD of clothing pieces, for both boys and girls. I love them so much. After months they've finally shown up in my Target. I bought two of them and several clothing packs, although I had to purchase my favorite one online. Meet Jamie(cowboy hat), Ivy(overalls), and August(yellow sweater). These clothes are wonderful, and they PERFECTLY fit Isuls, too! I'm super happy about that! My Isuls(and Pullips) have already stolen several of their outfits, haha.

6/365:
[Image: 49390744867_ba940be85b_z.jpg]ADAD 6/365 by Haley, on Flickr

1978 Kenner Luke Skywalker doll. I couldn't care less about Star Wars, but I love this doll. He was my mother's when she was a child, and is one of the only dolls left from her childhood I still have. She never really played as much with her male dolls as she did with her female dolls, so I have Luke and her Malibu Ken and that's it!

It's still early in the day, so I might take more photos today to continue to catch up, we'll see!
Piper looks like she's having fun, and Creatable World are such cute creatures! I also don't really care about Starwars, but I find this kind of 'heirloom' treasures incredibly endearing!