Daesani's confusing not-quite makeover (??)
Some good observations here; thanks, guys.
Very interesting that between here & Omocha Crush, the vote was unanimously for the strawberry blonde.  (Except for several "KEEP THE RED" sentiments, with which -- sigh -- I have to agree! LOL )
The funny thing is, the strawberry blonde was the last one of several I tried on the photoshop test, and hadn't ex-pected it to work, and -- in the photo -- went "Yes!"  BUT... when they arrived and I tried them in person.... the strawberry blonde felt too much the same colour as the rest of her face -- I guess I'm used to seeing a contrasting colour with the red -- and it just seemed to blend in with her face and not do anything for her.  The blonde was more of a contrast -- yes, a bit of a mismatch, but the contrast seemed to stand out more.  She looks a bit like those dark-haired girls who dye their hair very light (a look I generally don't much like, ironically).  
Neither of these things is conveyed in the photos -- they really do look different than they do in person.  The photos seem to give the opposite result from the in-person look.  Maybe she will have to switch back & forth for a while (which is a pain because I want to stick one on & be done with it).
I looked at red wigs again recently... I think it was the "Can can" ones...  even a $25 wig, which I gather is about average, with shipping and $CAD... comes to something like $43.  I only paid $70-something for the doll, so it seems a bit ridiculous.
My own stupid fault for trying to do a special-effects photo with freaking FIRE  Irritated
I guess it serves me right...
I think I'll keep watching for a wine/burgundy (and what the heck is the difference, I see both listed on that site?) ... maybe when the world makes some sense again and some more moneys are coming in, maybe I'll splurge.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daesani's confusing not-quite makeover (??) - by Alliecat - 05-03-2020, 11:49 AM