From dog piss on snow into a beautiful snowflake - Yuki's transformation
Thank you for the kind comments everyone! And apologies for making you wait with the rest of the photos, life has gotten busy, and I either didn't have the chance to sit down to edit photos on evenings, or I simply looked at the monitor too much during work and my eyes refused to continue doing that also after working hours. I'll try to get at least one batch done during the weekend smile

(08-06-2020, 01:57 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Ugh, sellers who don't disclose all the details should be booted off whatever platform they're on!!!!
That IS a gorgeous ombre blue, but I see what you mean about the forehead.  I was going to say, 'I guess it wouldn't sit farther forward without covering the sides of her face?'
In defense of the seller, they said they weren't aware of it. The doll might have been in storage for some time, and the damage could have happened during that time. That said though, in a similar situation I always check items again before packing them up for sending, so yeah... not a good excuse.
I did try that - but when brought forward to make the forehead area smaller, it just did not sit right, it covered the ears, and also, the part isn't long enough, so it ended at the top of her head. It just looked wonky overall.

(08-06-2020, 02:07 PM)Aijo Wrote: (...) then I decided to put it sideways as the wig seller had in the item photos (...)
Oh, I wish the seller had pictures to give me this suggestion! I could have spared half a year of hating mistreating poor Yuki. Sadly though, if I remember correctly, this seller didn't even have a picture that showed the wig on a doll - and if they did, that was a BJD. As the wig was not made specifically for Pullips, but for 1/3 BJDs, I was prepared for some ill-fitting, but not this much, I guess Tongue

(08-06-2020, 06:00 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Funny how some Pullips look great with parting, and some require bangs or some other forehead cover, eventhough it's the same sculpt all the time.
It is! I was just referring to how Pullips manage to look SO different at times even though they all have the same face sculpt in another discussion. It requires some creativity (and I think one also has to get the hang of it) to know how little features can change the appearance, but I think the sculpt itself must be a very well-built base too, otherwise some looks would not only look different, but also off or wonky.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: From dog piss on snow into a beautiful snowflake - Yuki's transformation - by Loona - 08-11-2020, 10:57 PM