Finally free after 12 years - unboxing Rei Ayanami
Aww, apologies for never coming back to this topic up until today - I wanted to respond with a new picture of her also included, which sadly never happened due to a photo block (and then a forum block) sad

Thank you for the kind comments everyone! Rei is settling in with the others. They are accepting of her, but she still feels a little out of place and shy, which is somewhat ex-pected when one is dropped into a cohesive gang of 3 sisters and a fourth girl who has shared interests with at least one of those. She is now finding comfort in running around in a Hello Kitty outfit (I know, I know, pictures, or it never happened! She's not taking it off until that happens, I promise!), rolled up in the middle of their room.

(08-31-2020, 08:05 AM)Elfy Wrote: Yay! You have an Evie! We call her Evie anyway.
Yep! I always loved watching your Evie, and deep inside I wished to someday bring my own Evie home. I missed out on her a few times, so I was happy when I finally managed to buy her. She will keep her name here though - I won't say I don't have renamed Pullips, but in my case the renamings happened because out of the 5 blueheads, 3 are technically the same character (Hatsune Miku), so 2 of them needed new names to reflect that in my realm they are 3 separate identities.

(08-31-2020, 09:30 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: As ekesupekutedu, it's the same with Rei as it was with my Asuka. Those plug-suit were not made to last.
Regardless, the main purpose of those dolls are to be redressed. I really don't like that school uniform that look more like some stage show armor than anything else. So my Asuka became A bloodthristy Red Riding Hood!

I'm pretty sure your Rei will be even more amazing in the right outfit, benifiting from her superb stock wig and eyes.
I actually re-read your unboxing post before I dared to unbox Rei! I remembered how awful the plugsuit behaved for you, so I was prepared for the worst - but it was still disappointing. Oh well, I really didn't plan to use it anyway, in this house Rei isn't a fighter who would need one. She's seen enough battles, it's time to be a careless little girl. It's funny how I also think of Miku as some kind of a retired singer who just wants to be a regular girl now - and Ami is also not running around as Sailor Mercury. I'll need to come up with a new and fancy name for their room, like "Sanctuary for Burnt-out Superheroes and Superstars" Tongue
You know, I originally had thoughts of rechipping her - I really don't like red, and I wasn't sure if I will accept her red eyes in my blue-haired, blue-eyed girl gang. Much to my surprise, I actually find her eyes mesmerizing, and a totally positive distinctive feature of hers in all that blueness.

(08-31-2020, 11:15 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Congrats on completing your blue-haired gang (for now at least, hahaha!).
I was really fearing how I will react once she will be here. Will I feel complete, or will I crave for Neo Angelique? Prunella? Chelsea? All of these were once wishlist girls, mainly because of their hair colour. I have been in the doll hobby long enough to know I should neve say 'no' or 'never', but for now, I feel content with the bunch I have, and no longer crave the ones I just listed. With time I learned to look at them more rationally, and found features in all of them that I don't really like, and realised that I shouldn't - I don't *need* them just because their hair is blue. I have managed to buy Prunella's stock separately (I really wanted that for my J-dolls), and I would probably buy her wig too, as well as Chelsea's stock, but I don't want any of them as complete dolls anymore. They wouldn't fit into the group.
(that said, before someone thinks I learned what 'enough' means: I did acquire a second Andrassy, and a third is on my wishlist Sweatdrop blue triplet fixation must be a thing, because I certainly have it Innocent )
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally free after 12 years - unboxing Rei Ayanami - by Loona - 11-06-2020, 08:38 AM