PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
(02-20-2021, 11:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: (...) plants are basically immortal, because the ones that can bud or grow from cuttings or sprout offshoots or whatever, are propagating themselves, genetically... I thought that was cool.  So you could have like a 7th generation spider plant or something, and it would still be the same plant.

Yep, I also find that really fascinating. But I'm not sure if I'd look at such plants as the same one - yeah, they are technically the same genetically, but somehow my mind likes to think of them in terms of roots when determining where the 'borders' of individuals end - so if it's a cutting that grew its own roots and continued living with the help of those, I usually think of it as a new plant, a 'child' plant. And I definitely wouldn't consider the 'mother' plant's age when determining how old the plant is - especially because that previous plant might also have started as a cutting too, and I have no clue how old its 'mother' plant was and if it was a cutting, or grew from seeds. Aaand I think I've probably just crossed some border between biology and philosophy Tongue

(02-28-2021, 03:01 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I think he looks focused. He won't get up until he gets the job done, as long as someone keeps bringing him tea.

Seconding this, editorial assistant looks pretty focused and determined to finish the job also to me.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (#7, Feb. 19) - by Loona - 02-28-2021, 06:07 AM