PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
Thanks, all!

(04-11-2021, 01:31 PM)davidd Wrote: Doryn is an adorable name!
I usually try to name them something similar to the stock name, with a few exceptions, or at least with the same letter.  Hence Mini Dormouse became Doryn smile

(04-11-2021, 01:31 PM)davidd Wrote: Your "ace reporter" gig sounds like a lot of work but, well, maybe "fun" isn't the right word, but definitely interesting! I'm impressed by how you are able to write to a deadline the way you do. Research, write, edit, and track down interviewees. I like to imagine you dashing around the island wearing a fedora hat with a "PRESS" card in the hatband, your long trench coat billowing in the wind: Allie Katt, Island Reporter!...
Hahaha!  I can see that character lounging across 2 or 3 chairs looking elegantly bored at the village council meeting....
It can be very interesting, when I get to talk to knowledgeable people who are enthusiastic about what they're doing, such as the supervisor of the blasting company that was deepening the harbour; he went on in some detail about types of blasting caps & how to place them -- something I'd never have learned anything about -- or hanging out with the fire department while they set up the annual fireworks.  Other times it's pretty boring, such as at public meetings when I remind myself "I'm getting paid to be here".  LOL
Deadlines ... makes you feel good when you make it.  And nobody cares when I work as long as I make the deadline.  So I can work till the wee hours & sleep till lunch if I want.  No office hours with someone checking when I came in smile

(04-11-2021, 01:31 PM)davidd Wrote: Several of the PTFCo crew have followed in Mum's sailing footsteps. Have any of them become reporters?
Well, I posed the question, and one or 2 of them went "hmmm...." but in general it seems they'd rather be supermodels being fabulous and having other people write about them   xp

(04-11-2021, 05:15 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Oh!  a familiar looking wooly hat that Doryn is wearing!
smile  It is really cute  -- I think it suits her best out of all the crew.  (don't tell Darla)

Well, further to the aforementioned deadlines.... I get one night to relax a bit before another crunch.  I got all the election candidates & got it done despite the editor's having bumped up my deadline by 3 days -- this article being so long that I guess he needs more time to deal with it.... AND, after being "done" for the 2nd time, the magazine job.... publisher e-mailed me Monday wanting one more article by THURSDAY because ANOTHER writer tapped out.... she made it Sunday which was just as well because I couldn't get hold of the guy till today.  So one more mad scramble to get the interview done tomorrow, article written & reviewed, & in, in a day & a half.  Fun!!!!! xp

Guess what..........

DOLLS WITH FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lovely Miss Dawn returns as Queen of Spring.
We have a 3-bud and a 4-bud stalk.  Yay!

[Image: 51118255509_ba5d90ee9c_c.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (#15, Apr. 15) - by Alliecat - 04-16-2021, 12:56 PM