Red the travelling Dal visits Canada
That Time Machine looks familiar. It appears very similar to the model the engineers were working on during my time at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in Alamagordo. Tongue  I can almost guarantee you that it is, in fact, a working Time Machine - rudimentary, yes, but fully functional.

As an ex-periment, take two clocks or watches and synchronize them perfectly with one another, down to the second. Place one clock at the entry portal to the time machine, and the other at the exit portal.

Upon entering the machine, make a note of the precise time. When you emerge from the opposite portal, check the clock. You should find... indeed, I am certain that you will find... that you have progressed, on average, between fifteen and thirty seconds in to the future! Occasionally the jump is less, sometimes it is more.

The Law of Causality, based upon the Universal Constant (the relative speed of light in a vacuum), as currently understood precludes backwards time travel. But the simple ex-periment outlined above will demonstrate that time travel in a forward direction is possible when using a technologically advanced time travel device like the one in the possession of the Grand Manan Island Library.

I'm curious as to how the library came to possess such a device. My understanding is that the research is still considered classified.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red the travelling Dal visits Canada - by davidd - 08-17-2021, 10:39 AM