Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Holly and Poppy were my favorites from EAH, which probably has a lot to do with my Rapunzel obsession. I only ever had the signature ladies myself though.
Both pretty! I like Dragon Holly's outfit. And Spring's colourful wig is cool.
Well... Holly is certainly a pretty one with that red hair. Her gold-colored "rope" belt is pretty cool, too.
I couldn't remember if I have her; I certainly don't recall her being this pretty. I looked back through my Doll A Day photos, and I did post a picture of her, still mint-in-box, but I couldn't find her just now when I quickly glanced through my boxed dolls.
She's probably buried in there somewhere. If I can find her, I think, inspired by this photo, I'll have to open the box and let her out.
(After checking current MIB values on eBay, o' course!)
GreysPrincess - I have a Rapunzel obsession, too! I'm obsessed with long hair in general. Also red hair. I love Holly Heart

Alliecat - Holly's outfit is my favorite from Dragon Games.

davidd - Dragon Games boxes didn't do the dolls justice. She really is an exceptional beauty!

Day 211

[Image: e6ab500f24b3a46abc72fe4b0fab2fd4.jpg]

Both my redheads together!
If they'd had product line photos like these, EAH might still be around!

If I'd seen photos like these when EAH was still readily available, I suspect my collection would be a lot bigger than it is.
LOL
davidd - thank you, that's so sweet of you!

Day 212

[Image: e8a35d48acce5ee5d96400744f4c621d.jpg]

Milk Latte. I looove love love love love love her, but that wig... But that can wait.
Such a lovely costume! Very "antique" style!
davidd - that costume is to die for. So well made!

Day 213

[Image: fd6caeb21302a6730d796575813a266f.jpg]

Briar Beauty - Core Royals & Rebels - Wave 1.

I love Briar both as a doll and as a character. I love her rosebud dress, I love her brown hair (that pink streak used to be a braid bun in rough shape of rose, but I didn't like it, it was too bulky on her, so I let it down), her brave and adventurous character and, last but not least, her ability to fall asleep under any circumstances. I wish I could do that.
Those stockings with the winding bramble vines are unique! I see the theme is reflected through the rest of her outfit, as well. This figure must be from the early days when Mattel actually put some effort and creativity, as well as production quality, into the line.
That's a lovely portrait of Latte. Briar is pretty too -- and wow, falling asleep easily in any circumstance is something I'd like to be able to do too!
The earlier EAH were great for all the little extra touched that tied the theme together. Like the early MH dolls too.

The Viney stockings are great and her skirt looks like an upside down flower bud
davidd - EAH followed the same pattern as MH with their first releases - four stand-alone girls and one date pack, and signature Briar was one of them. Those were truly exquisite dolls. *remembers the golden days that are now long gone, and sheds a tear of nostalgia*

Alliecat - Briar is the daughter of Sleeping Beauty, and her ability comes from that. Most EAH characters have a trait or an ability pertaining to their fairy-tale. For example, Snow White's daughter can't resist apples and daughter of Goldilocks can pick locks like nobody else.

Lejays - good ol' days, right?

Day 214

[Image: 4fffcd9cd4cb978179b05ea91f384fd9.jpg]

Spring Unsprung Briar
Another beautiful portrait against the velvety black background! I love these photos!
davidd - thank you so much!

Day 215

[Image: f486eedacaf280ddd01769d4e1500927.jpg]

Here's a little funny fact - you may have noticed how my pair photos of EAH dolls always lean back-to-back on each other. That's actually to prevent them from falling over. They're rather top-heavy, EAH stands aren't exactly the most stable things in the world and I'm using cardboard box in my tent, to get dolls a bit higher so I don't have to slouch so much, and I guess the lid got bent, because I've been using that box from the beginning of the challenge. I guess I need to find my dolls a new plinth... Took me loong enough to figure it out, huh?
Why, it's a regular bramble patch! Watch out for thorns!