Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dark, gothy goodness! I love it! She's up to mischief, for sure!
What a dark beauty!
The subdued lighting suits her -- nice portrait. Poison Ivy's colours go nicely with the dark background too.
davidd - she's always up to no good xp And thank you!

Cornflower Blue - thank you!

Alliecat - thank you very much!

Day 249

[Image: 32e36ed8f1edf830a7bb73385dadfff6.jpg]

Griselda Butterworth (Pullip Alura) was my first Pullip.
The profile photo of Griselda / Alura is quite striking! That's an angle we don't often see in Pullip photography. For this girl it works very well. I love her demurely half-closed eyes. Are those her stock eyelashes or did you enhance them?
What davidd said! It also highlights the slanted cut of her hair.
davidd - thank you very much! She has stock eyelashes. I did think about changing some of my dolls' eyelashes, but at the moment, they all have stock ones.

Day 250

[Image: c8643b2b0715c9c05a857a15d0262a05.jpg]

I feel really uninspired today, so I took a snap of my gorgeous boy, so that he takes care of making the photo look pretty for me...

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to outside photos on Sunday.
Lovely photo of a very handsome guy.

The silhouette of Griselda is striking, and has finally made me realise why Chris doesn't like some of the photos I take as much as others. (I take the photos, he picks what to post - I dont always agree & will post what I preferred on those ones).
Anyway, he screwed up his nose a bit, and said you can't really see her face. So thinking back over the past couple of years, unless it's a group scene, he much prefers the portraits to be full-face-on-showing.
Two nice portraits. Griselda looks a little sad, or tired. One wonders what's going on in her life. What's your gorgeous boy's name? That looks like a really complex stock outfit.
I have to agree, this guy is gorgeous!
Lejays - thank you very much! Chris is a bit picky, isn't he wink

Alliecat - thank you! I think she's just contemplating. The Taeyang is Pluto from Steampunk Eclipse series (same as Aurora) and I call mine Elazar Morgenstern. Before I got him, I wanted to make him Rebecca's (my Aurora) brother and Eteri's (my Eos) boyfriend, but when I saw him and Rebecca next to each other, they instantly became a couple.

Day 251

[Image: 283c60ae4dfeff57d29be78bbf49b719.jpg]

As of today, Migraine is my middle name. So another uninspired photo relying on a beautiful doll (she's Pullip Wilhelmina). Man, is she impossible to photograph! Her face gets overexposed before the details on her dress even start to show up, so on black background, her outfit disappears, and on white background, her face disappears.

She's also cursed when it comes to outside photos - I took/was planning to take her out several times now, always to have my plans busted by rain. Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I might actually posses the perfect solution to endangering lack of rain Europe has been suffering from these last years...
I'd say you found the right exposure balance between her face and outfit for this photo! The way she's portrayed here is quite stunning!
I really like how the red-haired dolls look with the black background!
She's beaurtiful! Perhaps she doesn't want to go outside and is using her magic to make sure she doesn't have to.
davidd - thank you very much!!!

GreysPrincess - thanks! Me too!

Cornflower Blue - thank you! Hmm, I'll have to ask her about it... I wanted to take outside photos to make her more visible against natural background, but maybe she prefers it this way... LOL

Day 252

[Image: 05dee253cc748c8333ace6ef2372f73b.jpg]

It's Wonderful Weirdos Day! I'm celebrating it with bunch of most wonderful weirdos, remembering the first and imho the best slogan of MH: Freaky Just Got Fabulous!
And a photo without filter:

[Image: 0fbf0e63d3ead5b3e63630947661b16f.jpg]