Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 Doll-a-Week 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Lovely colours! And it looks so nice and warm too. This photo reminds me of the beach on Maui.... sigghhh...
It's fun to see daffodils on the other side of the world smile Ester's new dress is a great match for her blue eyes.
(08-26-2019, 11:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely colours! And it looks so nice and warm too. This photo reminds me of the beach on Maui.... sigghhh...
It's fun to see daffodils on the other side of the world smile Ester's new dress is a great match for her blue eyes.

LOL it was about 12 deg C at sunset, so not exactly warm... But the light looked beautiful, so I was acually happy that I'd gotten lost & delayed so i could use it.
And daffs are so cheerful, I was pleased I remembered that the house had some in the driveway I could use. It's not a private house, so I wasn't trespassing!

A bit uninspired this week - I had registration day for softball, and then took myself out to afternoon tea afterwards. I was hoping the gardens would have flowers I could have used for backdrops, but not the week sad

So Nyxie & Maeve in their travel box on the couch in the cafe.
[Image: ad7f1335d7707ed47cb093942adf12ef.jpg]
I admire your doll-travel skills! I'm still intimidated by packing my dolls and travelling with them, I'm constantly afraid that their hair or outfits are going to get messed up.
They always look pleased to get out and about.
(09-01-2019, 05:56 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I admire your doll-travel skills! I'm still intimidated by packing my dolls and travelling with them, I'm constantly afraid that their hair or outfits are going to get messed up.

You may have noticed that the ones with elaborate hair / outfits only “travel” as far as the backyard LOL

The ones with short straight hair & plain outfits are the adventurers smile smile as they are easier to manage.
Their travel box looks fairly sturdy. I hope they enjoy their adventure!
The girls look ready for something a bit more active than afternoon tea. "C'mon, hurry up, let's go already!"

But a relaxing stop at a quiet cafe (that has a sofa) sounds fine to me!
Nyxie's like, "But, can't we go to the beach?" LOL
So true about the shorter or straight hair being easier to travel with. Even that can get mussed after a while though... I probably need a better carrier that would keep them neater.
Their travel box is actually a sturdy cardboard gift box i got at the $2 shop.  It's not quite long enough for them to lie flat & straight, but I only have to bend their knees a bit to fit them.  And it's wide enough to fir both the heads in comfortably.  And the box is still small enough that it fits into the "shopping" bag we use to carry them & the props/accessories when we go out.

An inside shot today - it rained this afternoon when we had planned to do the photography, so this wasn't what I had orginally decided to do.

Felicity has conquered the 2019 Hugo Novels that we owned
[Image: 0d3ac99fa2d7a16dcdffcd39b65f6fa4.jpg]

But then she took in the Mt To-Be-Read expanding in the corner of the loungeroom
[Image: ff5734d1b1a5fbea0f14ba0bd23aa9e3.jpg]

So many Books to climb - she's only 3/4 of the way to the top.
[Image: f9e40e1e9c4070b7ae79b229c0f67e87.jpg]

But she found an inspirational sign at that point to encourage her to tackle the last part of the climb.
[Image: fbbcbcc3023118a4a0ddaf96b86a81b7.jpg]
Haha, my Mt. To-Be-Read is about the size of Alps, too!
Woo, go Felicity, conquer Mt TBR!

/glances at my pile

We can do it ... Somehow.
Wow, that is impressive!

I've given up on TBR piles, and just keep a running list for the library... less daunting that way! That said, my "want to read" list is too huge.
I think the key word appearing in one of the titles pictured here is "chaos."
Wow, that's a big stack!! Quite a feat for a little doll to climb big Mt. TBR LOL
My reading list is also too long. I could read more books if I spent less time on the computer slash
(09-10-2019, 11:18 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I could read more books if I spent less time on the computer.

Ha! I was thinking that very thing just yesterday!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25