Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: **dargosmydaddy's doll-a-week 2021**
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Quote:Are you going to try to grow the top, or carve it out and put a light in it?

I have long admired your pineapple o'lanterns, but I don't think I trust my knife skills!

Quote:Look at all that rich, green grass! No drought where you're living, apparently!

It was very rainy, to the point of torrential downpours and flash flooding. It seems to have calmed down this past week. Wish I could send some your way (the rain that is, not wishing flash floods on you)!

Week twenty-six
When life gives you lemons... wait a minute, exactly how do you make lemonade?

[Image: 88993537_2f904686075f586e8ec81269b86c4d47_large.jpg]
“Make lemonade… yeah, right! Easier said than done!”

This pic is funny! And adorably cute!
Aww, that's cute! And you even have a matching background!! grin

(06-28-2021, 03:02 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I have long admired your pineapple o'lanterns, but I don't think I trust my knife skills!
Oh, you should try! It's not hard; you are mostly scooping for the inside; a sharp-edged spoon will work, and you can just hack the innards loose with a little fruit knife if you don't have a corer (I don't)... and for the face, they are easy to cut through with a little paring knife too. Quicker than a pumpkin.
Very hard when the lemon is almost as large as you are.
such an enormous lemon will make a lot of lemonade - once you work out the recipie. I think it involved a lot of sugar mixed with water & lemon juice.
Hehe, I never use sugar. Just squeeze a lemon and fill a great big glass of water smile I suppose not to everyone's taste but it "feels" healthy LOL
That is such a sweet picture! Love all the lemons - and it's always great to see Ho-Ho, a girl I've been eyeballing in Groove's sample sale before their "temporary" suspension of international shipping hit me. I've messaged them countless times, stating that I'm receiving packages from the US  in sometimes as little as a week(!), so I just cannot see where they are still seeing delays in shipping anymore... I am normally not one for conspiration theories, but I've seriously started to think they have just teamed up with that parcel forwarding company they are specifically recommending to use, with a link to their webpage, even... oh well, Ho-Ho's since sold out on their webpage, alongside the other doll I've been eyeballing, so I'll just buy them somethere else sometime, it looks like they don't need my money frown

I knot it was posted quite some time ago, but I wasn't around to see Alphie's lovely photo back then - he looks great with the flowers and with his matching shirt - and it's so rare to see an Isul with a non-natural-coloured wig! I don't really know the reason why most Isuls tend to sport natural-coloured hair (not only in their stock form, I rarely come by them rewigged in non-natural colours too), Alphie is a great example of how handsome they look also with hair that isn't a natural tone.
Week Twenty-seven

[Image: 89385413_43ceb61bf8fc6ba80ea3a21946d1b11b_large.jpg]
She’s a cutie. I really like her expression in this shot.
She is cute. Her hair looks lovely and luxuriant.
Nice nautical-ish striped outfit she’s wearing!
Echoing others about her being cute - and with that dotted background and her hairstyle (bangs and loose waves), she somewhat gives '70s vibes to me. At least that's how my mother looked like in the '70s. I found it to be a free and confident look (based on pictures, being a '80s kid I haven't yet been there to see her back then).
And I, too, like her top. Anything with stripes and with a navy vibe (or these two combined) will get points from me ^^
Week Twenty-eight
Titling this one, "Overly Verdant, or Time to Weed"

[Image: 89518525_df0a6f17782d9a25d4ea2c40ce3d210a_large.jpg]
“Overly verdant” made me chuckle. I’m going to remember that for my garden. It looks a bit like mint though…?
As always, nicely colour coordinated. smile
Ooh, that looks great, I like all that vibrant green surrounding him! He seems to be pleased too to be out in what must feel like a jungle to him smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18