Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week 2023! (#52 Dec. 22)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Cheers to Flickr for "improving" itself to the point where it doesn't work on the older computer that I need to run the camera software & photoshop Rawr! So it looks like I have to manage the photos on one computer, then use another one to post them.
Bleepin bleepin bleep.

Cherie has a new dress.

[Image: 53058888783_00bc638903_o.jpg]
She looks lovely and stress-free... wish we could all channel that!
Cherie's look is cuter than a lot of stock Pullip releases!

Must be nice to have lush green foliage surrounding the deck... unlike this arid wasteland with 90F/32C blazing heat every day. Even the cactus are wilting.

I need a garden consultant.
(07-22-2023, 03:12 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Cherie's look is cuter than a lot of stock Pullip releases!
Must be nice to have lush green foliage surrounding the deck...
She says thank you very much  LOL
It's actually a tree that has grown up through the deck.  I've cut it down once, tried to transplant part of it, it came back... I've left it because it's like having a container plant that I don't have to water.  But it's getting really big and I should probably remove it before it causes some damage.

(07-21-2023, 11:46 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]She looks lovely and stress-free... wish we could all channel that!
Amen!!!
Let me know if you figure out how  slash

-------------------------------

Happy Anniversary to Daesani & Petra!
They arrived July 29 & 30, 2014.  (WOW, where has the time gone  Whacked )... I had been looking for my first full-size Pullip for quite some time, because I wasn't willing to pay new-doll and most-reseller prices.  Petra went around 3x on eBay.  The first time I saw her, the auction had just ended.  Then she came up again.  I tried to snipe, didn't put in my absolute maximum, and got out-sniped.  I figured that was the end of that.  
Then I spotted owner photos of Date Masamune on Flickr.  I'd never looked twice at her because her stock photos are terrible -- totally hiding her potential.  But owner photos... she went from neverlookedtwice to MUST-HAVE overnight, and I found one for quite cheap on eBay.  I got her sent to friends in Maine who were coming over, either because there was no Canadian shipping or it was much cheaper.  (I'm not sure why they felt the need to unwrap the package, but they must've wondered what the heck.)  While I was waiting for her to arrive, Petra came up again!  I wondered by then if the seller was a scammer -- three Peter Pans all with the same photos?  I didn't know then that there were so many bad bidders.  But I sniped again and this time I got her! 
The friends brought Daesani on the 29th, and Petra was in the mailbox on the 30th.  Arriving on consecutive days as they did, I figure they are great gal-pals, even though their personalities are quite different.

[Image: 53080597704_2bc5a1df1a_o.jpg]

[Image: 53080895698_afe9e5787b_o.jpg]
Happy Dollyversary!

And obviously that tree really wants to be there! Cut a larger hole where the trunk comes up through the planks and let it thrive.
Aw, Daesani and Petra are so cute together! Happy Dolly-versary!
(07-30-2023, 03:23 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]obviously that tree really wants to be there! Cut a larger hole where the trunk comes up through the planks and let it thrive.
Until it starts doing damage to the foundation with its roots....

(07-31-2023, 02:48 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, Daesani and Petra are so cute together! Happy Dolly-versary!
Thank you  yay

Not quite midnight this week, but still in a rush because I have to be somewhere in 15 minutes and am still eating supper.
Found a fairy in the yard  smile

[Image: 53096068799_a772ac8802_o.jpg]
Oh, Wow! A real fairy! I can tell she's real, because she's on a real toadstool! This is SO FUN!!!!
Lovely little fairy! Her wings are delightful.
Thank you both  smile
She came with the wings; I already had several sets from the same Etsy seller who unfortunately doesn't seem to be active anymore.  They are really lovely.

Introducing Gina!  She's the newest member of the PTFCo crew and had her welcome and first photoshoot today.  I think there's nothing like an immediate photoshoot to get acquainted with a brand new doll.
The rest of her photos are over on the PTFCo random-photos thread.

[Image: 53110499365_041ededcba_o.jpg]
That hair, that's wild!

And that red cap is so cuuute!

Is she, like, a Christmas character? An Elf on the Shelf? Or... on the lawn?
She's adorable!
Thank you! She is supposed to be from something called “Defense Force of Earth”… no idea. I googled but it wasn’t much help except for a couple of sketchy links which I didn’t open.  Not sure this is a Thing from anywhere, but frankly I think we should let the minis take over. They would do a much better job.

Posting well after midnight, but I took it today so it counts. Delayed by having to take my dishwasher apart yet again – unsuccessfully; couldn't find anything accessible to fix.
Anyway, I’m surprised this turned out. Hand held in a swarm of ravenous mosquitoes. I shot two and ran for it. I spend so little time in that no-longer-private corner of the garden anymore that I didn’t even know this lily was in bloom. Most of my lilies have petered out somewhat. There is only one blooming stem left of these. It is called, appropriately for a sci-fi fan, “Starfighter”.

[Image: 53128032212_1204708d36_c.jpg]
Looks to me like she is commanding her trained triffid to attack!

Marvelously mysterious and colorful picture!

When you say you "shot two and ran," are you referring to pictures... or mosquitoes? How big are the mosquitoes?
Gorgeous lily! Catherine looks proud to show it off.

Stupid mosquitoes! They're terrible here, too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12