Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
Zombie Anne Boleyn! With detachable head! Now I want a fashion doll version of that.
The commissioned examples are particularly nicely detailed! What a fun collection!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Aaaahhh, they’re so cuuuute yay It would be so tempting to collect a whole bunch of them.
Hehe, isn’t it debatable whether Robin Hood was real…? I remember doing a ton of reading on the legend back when I was watching the “Robin of Sherwood” TV series.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
neon - the Zombie Anne was fun, you can't really tell from this angle, but her eye is falling out, and she's showing her intestines too smile

davidd - these are lovely & detailed, but pale into comparison to some of the others that she did.
Here's a Tudor Family Portrait
[Image: a_tudor_family_picture_by_deridolls_d2ry...dgSO2C-xk4]

And a Monarch Butterfly
[Image: dandi_by_deridolls_d9ldlll-pre.jpg?token...Av4JU2gKzQ]

And Kali
[Image: kali_by_deridolls_d2r2gsm-fullview.jpg?t...xqQAlNODY4]

And there's heaps more on her deviantArt page, I could link to so many more smile

Alliecat - I think that the Robin Hood is a combination of a lot of different people, so he's real, but also not-real as it's not a single person.  And my favourite version of Robin Hood is the Robin of Sherwood you're talking about there - I saw it at school at an impressionable age  LOL   I did enjoy (generally) the one done by the BBC in the mid-2000s.  As long as you didn't think too hard about the whole thing with the anachronistic outfits & particularly Guy of Gisbourne's fantastic pleather drizabone & amazing eyeliner  LOL
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(06-29-2020, 07:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: And my favourite version of Robin Hood is the Robin of Sherwood you're talking about there - I saw it at school at an impressionable age  LOL   I did enjoy (generally) the one done by the BBC in the mid-2000s.  As long as you didn't think too hard about the whole thing with the anachronistic outfits & particularly Guy of Gisbourne's fantastic pleather drizabone & amazing eyeliner  LOL
Hmm, I didn't see that one. Is this it? I googled. I don't know any of the actors in it. It might be interesting but I don't know if I'd be prepared to hate it right off because it isn't "the best one" LOL I had such a crush on Michael Praed. How fun that we've both enjoyed that series.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(06-30-2020, 12:38 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 07:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: And my favourite version of Robin Hood is the Robin of Sherwood you're talking about there - I saw it at school at an impressionable age  LOL   I did enjoy (generally) the one done by the BBC in the mid-2000s.  As long as you didn't think too hard about the whole thing with the anachronistic outfits & particularly Guy of Gisbourne's fantastic pleather drizabone & amazing eyeliner  LOL
Hmm, I didn't see that one.  Is this it?  I googled.  I don't know any of the actors in it.  It might be interesting but I don't know if I'd be prepared to hate it right off because it isn't "the best one" LOL  I had such a crush on Michael Praed.  How fun that we've both enjoyed that series.

Lol - Elfy & I were wondering which was The Robin for you in the series.  And I totally agree about Michael Praed being totally crush-worthy!  I also adored Will Scarlet in that one too, which Elfy finds hysterical when we see him in stuff now.
And yes, that’s the one I was referring to.  In terms of actors you Might Have Seen:
Guy of Gisbourne was played by Richard Armitage, who is Thorin in the Hobbit movies.
Will Scarlet was played by Harry Lloyd, who was Viserys in the first season of Game of Thrones, also in a couple of episodes of Dr Who with David Tennant.
Joanne Froggatt, who was in the 3rd season of this, is the maid Anna in Downton Abbey.

But the main guy Robin I haven’t seen in much else.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Haha, the executioner makes the family portrait look lik a Satanic ritual is about to go down.
Cute but evuuuulll.
Oh yeah, there was that other guy.... forgot all about him... bah.... LOL
Nope, don't know the actors. I need to catch up on the Hobbit movies.... now that we can get stuff from the library again.
Agree about Ray Winstone looking very different now, whom I did see in something else.
...You know what's worse than realizing how long ago some of your favourite shows were? ... Looking up the actors and seeing how old they look now. Imma go cry now..... Cry
Sean Connery’s son? Yep, doesn’t hold a candle to Michael.

I’m very good at recognising actors in other movies & tv shows, and I watch a lot of tv, so I forget that not everyone has seen everything LOL

Yes, it’s never good to go looking up the teen (or older) crushes and what they look like now. Most of them haven’t aged well. I was saying to Elfy a few days ago that we are reaching an age where our heroes of childhood are starting to pass away from age (in context of a sports player), and it’s rather upsetting to think of.
How old I was getting hit me when I met a new recruit for the Tigers (the football club I follow) and realised I was old enough to be his father.
(07-01-2020, 02:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: ... it’s never good to go looking up the teen (or older) crushes and what they look like now. Most of them haven’t aged well.
You ain't kiddin'. With the advent of facebook and celebrities having pages, I looked up a few that I used to like. Oh boy. Most I regretted looking for! LOL
(Also now I want to dig out my RoS VHS tapes and the 2 movies I have that Michael's in and re-watch those xp )
(07-02-2020, 09:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 02:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: ... it’s never good to go looking up the teen (or older) crushes and what they look like now.  Most of them haven’t aged well.
You ain't kiddin'.  With the advent of facebook and celebrities having pages, I looked up a few that I used to like.  Oh boy.  Most I regretted looking for!  LOL
(Also now I want to dig out my RoS VHS tapes and the 2 movies I have that Michael's in and re-watch those xp )

I've got them on DVD and they do get looked at when I'm feeling nostalgic.  So much fun - and I loved the music from it too.  Ive got a cd or two of their music which I also listen to a bit.

Inspired by the newest Oddiliday that neon_jellyfish posted about in her thread (such a cool idea!  and so easy to translate to our world too :smile

Here's Ester with the current pair I'm knitting.  The yarn is dyed in stripes already, so it looks far more complicated than it actually is.

[Image: fc0c460a2b58259e414d6a1aa88b33ff.jpg]
yay

Stripey socks for the win!
Yes! Stripey socks!
Ooh, very pretty!
I'm happy I can join the latest Oddliday because I did recently come into possession of a pair of stripey socks. AND they have unicorns on them xp

(07-06-2020, 05:46 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I've got them on DVD and they do get looked at when I'm feeling nostalgic.  So much fun - and I loved the music from it too.  Ive got a cd or two of their music which I also listen to a bit.
Ha! I adored the music also! I remember hunting everywhere for the soundtrack album and it was a special order through some record store some distance away (oops, am I dating myself? there was NO AMAZON or EBAY Oh My ). I bought another of their albums but the style was so different that I really didn't like it!