Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
Ooooh, pretty. I really like the first picture.

(08-31-2020, 09:43 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The world would be a much better place if more people collected dolls and grew flowers.
This! yay
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-01-2020, 01:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:43 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The world would be a much better place if more people collected dolls and grew flowers.
This!  yay

Well... I have heard some things about some doll people on a certain Den of Something forum....
yay

Cherie/Jeanne is such a pretty dolly!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(09-01-2020, 02:06 PM)davidd Wrote:
(09-01-2020, 01:18 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
This!  yay

Well... I have heard some things about some doll people on a certain Den of Something forum....
yay

Cherie/Jeanne is such a pretty dolly!

Sorry to derail the thread, but Den of Angels really isn't all that bad. It's a big forum, so of course there are some not-so-pleasant people in there, because that happens in every big group of people (and sometimes vampires). There used to be sections more prone to stupid drama, but admins got rid of them. I take that as a sign of a healthy community. Getting rid of rotting parts, that is. Most of the drama happened back when there wasn't really any other BJD community to join, so there were all kinds of people there and sometimes it led to detonations or poisonings. Nowadays, most folks there are the type that prefers forums to social media, and it's pretty peaceful, the toxic bunch seems to prefer tumblr and instagram. Current no.1 complaint about DoA is its strict rules and way too narrow definition of BJDs that are considered on-topic.
(09-01-2020, 06:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: of course there are some not-so-pleasant people in there, because that happens in every big group of people (and sometimes vampires). ... there were all kinds of people there and sometimes it led to detonations or poisonings.
This feels like a line out of one of your Oddwickshire tales. LOL
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-01-2020, 06:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: ... so there were all kinds of people there and sometimes it led to detonations or poisonings. 

So you're saying DOA was kind of like Life In The Room?  LOL
[Image: 640ab162795a5531e4369607028e08eb.jpg]The sock when I was setting up for progress pictures.

I went back inside to get something, and when I came back outside, the sock looked like this!
[Image: dcf1b534be7168b8e5347e0b31e61f33.jpg]

I looked at the "time-lapse" photography, and discovered that I had a fairy visit & help me along with my task  LOL
[Image: c71c6de85a643575b1b01a8e18e4b87f.jpg]  [Image: 8f695665e291f72aab35cec7e9eacdab.jpg]
This is Farrah Goodfairy from Ever After High.  She is the daughter of the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella.  And yes, she has a smiley-face, she's one of the later releases.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Always helpful to have a fairy knitter on hand to speed a project along.
Haha, this is so cute! Great idea!

And I dig Farrah's shoes.
Ahhh, Farrah is so kind to help out.

She does look really good here.
She looks like a very cheerful helper!
It was certainly advantageous that you happened to have a fairy-cam set up in the garden! Much easier than chasing them about with a box camera like those girls in Post-Edwardian England had to do.

Coincidentally, you've photographed your lovely (and helpful) fairy during the current coronavirus pandemic, and those earlier fairy photos were snapped during the Spanish flu epidemic. I wonder if fairies are more common during times of epidemics? I suspect the common denominator is that humans tend to stay indoors during such times, so the fairies feel more secure in coming out to play.
She is really cute. And she looks very cheerful. I think she and Carly ought to get together. I bet they’d be great friends.
I’d love some fairy assistance with a lot of stuff around here. Interesting theory about them coming out to play… smile
And what a fancy sock!
Cheerful is exactly the word that came to my mind when I saw her. I like her ex-pression a lot - but I also like the smiley-faced EAH releases in general (minus their molded-on tights), most characters I wasn't interested in in their previous forms made it to my flat in their smiley forms (though they were all rebodied on previous bodies). Not that I don't like the original molds, but definitely not on everyone.

She was so kind to help you out! Just like Alliecat, I could also use some helping fairy hands over here, but sadly I don't see them around here. I think davidd's theory makes a lot of sense - and in the light of that, their absence from my area might have to do with me living in the city centre. Here the streets are almost back to their normal level of business now (they were less busy only during the complete lockdown period), they are most likely too busy for fairies to feel comfortable.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thanks all for enjoying my flight of fancy  LOL  And nice point about the previous fairy-photos being taken during another pandemic - I hadn't connected the two of them before davidd.  I guess this means I'll need to set up some more fairy-cams around the garden to see what I can capture in the next few weeks.

Alliecat, it is  a fancy sock, but it's not the fanciest I've done.  I was looking through my finished socks, and this is probably the fanciest I've done that you can actually see the work on.  I've done others with patterns similar to the blue one, but this is the only one with a picture on it.  I'm not very good at doing stranded colourwork (which is what this is), so I don't make them unless its for a competition.[Image: IMG_1943_medium2.JPG]

This is one of my favourites that I've done, design-wise.  I need to re-make them in slightly thinner yarn so they will fit in my shoes.  (they are excellent bedsocks)
[Image: Sides_medium2.JPG]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I was aimlessly wandering around Etsy the other week, looking for scale furniture, and found a bloke in Queensland who makes stuff for Blythe/Pullip size.  And I knew that, as he had a Blythe posing in the pictures with the items  LOL

Anyway, I ordered a garden swing, which arrived this week!  Jo-Meg & Sophie are enjoying the nice spring weather in the back yard.  Sophie has picked some flowers, and Jo-Meg's puppy is romping around while she reads.

[Image: 48ebacc4c4ebe9a2c1624cfd1349b151.jpg]

I plan on getting some fake greenery when I can go to the craft store again, and twining it around the uprights.