KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips
Thanks for letting me know about the broken flickr links, fishy. (That might have happened because I deleted a whole bunch of pics from my flickr account last year.) I'll see if I can fix it.

(08-18-2014, 05:18 AM)Steffipuschel Wrote: I try to made my own eyechips. I bought 12 mm glass cabochons on etsy but there is a huuuuge gab.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/steffipusc...2/sizes/m/

is this normal? Ive heard that Type 3 pullips got 12 mm and type 4 13mm. Is this true? Tgere are notuch 13 mm chips and all are too high about 5 mm so they can't blink anymore

The newer pullips seem to have a larger eyechip size than the older ones. The last pullip I have is ALa--one of the two-part head Type 3 girls, so I'm not sure how the glass cabochon eyechips fit in post Type 3 pullips.

The domes of the cabochon are rather high and the way they protrude can interfere with the blink function of the eye-mech. I can still get my pullips to blink by not screwing the eye-mech fully flush into the faceplate. That way it has a little bit of give, and allows the eyelid springs to work.

If that bothers you, you might want to use clear plastic coolcat chips, or clear, round epoxy stickers. I don't think I've ever seen them in 13mm size, though.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite

Messages In This Thread
KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips - by KiraKira - 02-08-2012, 07:35 AM
RE: KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips - by Ziane - 02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips - by fishy - 08-18-2014, 05:28 AM
RE: KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips - by KiraKira - 08-19-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips - by fishy - 08-19-2014, 09:32 AM