New blue girl arrives ... with ... issues...
(01-17-2016, 01:33 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I think it's less of a problem with the material the dolls are made of and more of a problem with companies being too lazy to colorfast materials before they make the clothes out of them.
Hmmm. I wonder if this is an issue with other doll companies...? Since I'm not really familiar with other dolls, I'd never heard of all this staining till I got into Pullips. I wonder if it happens with Barbie, American Girl, Monster High... whatever...? or is it just Groove.

(01-17-2016, 03:21 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I usually lay stuff I've treated on white paper towels to dry. If it's still running color, it will leave some on the paper towel.
Oh dang. I hung it on the dish dryer. Never had to do this before. So I wet everything again, just water this time, and put it on a paper towel. Would it stain under those circumstances if it was still going to run colour? Nothing has happened so far.

(01-17-2016, 10:57 PM)TrueFan Wrote: Since you've opened her etc. I'd recommend asking for a fair partial refund from PS.
I feel sympathy for both sides - PS does not have any control over the conditions the dolls are in before they get them, and they can't open every doll.
Indeed; having your supplier send you moldy stock would be a headache. I imagine it might cause some concern for PS as to how many other moldy items are in their inventory. However, when they admit "we noticed a musty smell on them too", but fail to disclose this in the listing, I think that's also not cool. ...of course telling people that would hurt sales...
Agree, a partial refund would be reasonable, since she is salvageable. And maybe a leg -- ha!

I think the washing has helped a bit... I'd have hung her stuff on the clothesline today for the little bit of sun we got, but I couldn't GET to it for snow, and had to shovel 7" off the porch first, then it was cloudy & maybe more snow tomorrow... bleh. But a little fresh air should help. Sometime.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New blue girl arrives ... with ... issues... - by Alliecat - 01-18-2016, 08:38 AM