Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(05-25-2019, 12:17 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I also got 3 of the 4, I didn’t know the one on the far left - Kamala.  Where is she from (I feel that I’ve failed some type of Geek Recognition Test smile LOL )

Thirteenth Doctor is great, really enjoyed her season.  My favourite is Eight - only 1 (okay 2 if you count the mini-sode where he regenerated) tv episode, but so many audio and book adventures!

Kamala is the current Ms Marvel in the comics. The doll is from the Marvel Rising line by Hasbro - a friend had to post her out to me because the line has not been released outside of the States yet. 

Eight is the longest running Doctor, I think. The minisode was so perfect for the 50th, I would love if they did stuff like that more often. Just little episodes of a past Doctor. 

(05-25-2019, 12:22 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm pretty sure I've already said that, but I'm digging that coat!

It is a very cool coat that - yay - has pockets! 

(05-25-2019, 08:33 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: (Further “contrarian” views - mostly stuff from the New Series - Rose is an awful person, Donna is a great companion, the Doctor/Companion romance/s are tedious beyond belief (except River/Twelvth, which dos work for me), the season-long arcs are dull, especially Clara, but that is mostly because it retconned 50 years of history, which pissed me off sad .  Cyber men are scarier than Daleks as they are more likely to happen to us.  I think they’re the main ones, but if I think for a few more minutes I can probably think of more LOL )

Agree on the Rose front and even Billie Piper calls her a cow, so I do think we're actually having the right thought there. I did argue once that if they were going to push romances on us, Ten/Donna would have worked a lot better than any of the others since Tennant and Tate have brilliant on-screen chemistry. Mind you, I would just generally love it if Donna came back to us. Agreed fully on River/Twelve working very well, though. Not especially fussed either way about the series long arcs, but some do drag a bit. 

(05-25-2019, 10:13 AM)davidd Wrote: I suppose we should move this discussion to a Doctor Who topic rather than co-opting werepuppy's Doll A Day topic.  Sweatdrop

(Re: hints of romance ... Four/Romana, anyone?)

I would be so on board for a Doctor Who topic. 

- - - 

145. On the Shelf
[Image: 55023111_0c2a256b1f60aaf35dc9b1a4a93d6da1_standard.jpg]
How these two are posed on my shelf atm. Thought it might bring some laughs to people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 05-26-2019, 01:12 AM