Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020
(11-20-2020, 11:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Alice is one of those characters I like in doll form in 9 out of 10 cases, and this one is no exception, though I'm exclusively a book fan and not familiar with any of the movies.

Yeah, the glitter would have to go... We don't do that here (either).

The movie is a bit of a mash up of both books and definitely does things it's own way, but in a way that works well for an animated feature. 

Need to get hold of the right stuff to de-glitter the dress. 

(11-21-2020, 01:09 AM)dunneh Wrote: The classic Disney dolls are very pretty, love their little faces. The classic range is very nice, way better than their new 'shimmer' ones.

I just always think the Disney Store dolls have the better faces of Disney dolls... At least, at the moment. Some of the 90s Mattel ones are more film accurate.

(11-21-2020, 03:30 AM)davidd Wrote: Soak her dress in acetone? I'M MELLTTTIINNGGGGG!!!!"

Must remember to wash it off afterwards.

(11-21-2020, 07:59 AM)Loona Wrote: Doesn't the acetone back remove (some of the) colour too? Interesting idea, and if not, I'll also have to try that out myself,as while I like glitter on certain things, doll cothing isn't necessarily one of them - and especially not when it sheds like crazy. Disney is unfortunately prone to produce such doll dresses (I'm looking at my DS Rapunzel as I type this)...

I'm like neon, I tend to like most Alice dolls, I just dig the aesthetics. This girl is also a cute example smile I like her outfit, the lace at the bottom of the dress, and the shoes look lovely.

It does, but not as much as you might think? I think it can depend on how much dye is in the actual dress. I've seen someone do it for this exact doll and the dress is still as blue as ever it was, so I feel cautiously optimistic about trying it. 

The lace at the bottom surprised me, it's a bit more than I had figured Disney would put on a general store doll. 

(11-21-2020, 04:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: I always feel like Disney Alice is the right Alice, but for the most part they wisely based their visions of Alice on the Tenniel illustrations.

Disney Alice is definitely the image that comes to mind when most people think of Alice.

- - - 

326. B is for Bayley

[Image: 77660856_f1aa767d42e26db9f3a71c72b7117c98_standard.jpg]

One of my wrestling figures. Because why not?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's A Doll A Day Challenge 2020 - by werepuppy - 11-21-2020, 10:19 PM