Cavalie!
So Cavalie FINALLY got here yesterday. Happy

USPS seemed to completely ignore the part where they were supposed to actually put...information...in the tracking system, because the package was still listed as in Arizona waiting to ship, but when I was about to go run errands, I found this, wedged in a snowdrift, on my back porch.

[Image: image170.jpeg]

Of course I had to bring the box in and open it.

[Image: image172.jpeg]

Oh, and as a bonus:
[Image: image171.jpeg]

(My giant cat, Buzz, was SO EXCITED that there was finally a box big enough for him to fit in! Most boxes are too small for his chubby kitty self. :3)

I didn't remove him from the packaging until after the errands (and I was EXHAUSTED, LOL). ...I never thought I'd come across packaging that made unboxing Monster High girls seem easy in comparison!

I didn't get any good pictures while taking him out of the box, I think I was too impatient. But oh, he is lovely. I am so impressed by the craftsmanship of his clothing. I'm 98% sure his shirt is silk chiffon (and silk chiffon is my nemesis...haha...silk is my favorite fabric but chiffon is a nightmare.)

I showed his picture to my mom and she said he kind of reminded her of Will Turner from the end of Pirates of the Caribbean when he's got that ridiculous giant hat on! (His hat is rather ridiculous. And feathery. It got stashed away because I don't want the cats to steal it, even though I don't think I'll ever be using it.)

Since it's over 80 degrees in my apartment (...my landlord is an idiot...) I decided that I could display him in his shirtsleeves. So I packed away his jacket (and slightly ridiculous neck ruff) for the time being.

[Image: image173.jpeg]

So here he is just lounging!
I'm naming him Cyril, after a character in a victorian/fantasy world a friend and I used to write. I think all my dolls are going to be characters that fit into his storyline! Cyril is, therefore, a pampered nobleman who publishes rather subversive stories and plays under an assumed name (...but pretty much everyone - except his parents- knows his real identity. grin)

Needless to say, I'm thrilled to pieces. Even if I'm pretty sure at least one of his feet is broken off in his boots. I found a tutorial to fix it though, so I can fix it, worst case scenario!

Now I'm still waiting on Sol and Aurora (and then another paycheck.....Sweatdrop)

Messages In This Thread
Cavalie! - by Severity - 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by Cornflower Blue - 02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by KiraKira - 02-10-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by *NatTheCat* - 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by Missy_Crane - 02-10-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by shassy - 02-10-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by pixachii - 02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
RE: Cavalie! - by Severity - 02-11-2014, 05:37 AM
RE: Cavalie! - by Rhaine - 02-11-2014, 06:40 AM
RE: Cavalie! - by Severity - 02-12-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Cavalie! - by Severity - 02-14-2014, 02:22 PM