What tips can you give for photographing your dolls?
Wow, thanks everyone, there are some really great tips here! I definitely like the idea of having posterboard backgrounds, Hobbycraft sell some lovely papers that I could mount up.

I did buy a collapsible light box off ebay once, but I just couldn't get the hang of the lighting at all.. I was using 2 desk lamps, but I could not position them in a way that worked. I have very little patience though, and gave up quite quickly. Nowadays I have lovely big windows and a decent amount of light coming in as I live on the second floor.. so that does help with getting natural light on the days it's available. I wonder if I could get hold of some mini box lights or something? Or some cheap little diffusers to use with lamps? For when the weather is dull (I don't have the option of outdoor photo sessions as I don't have a garden.. there is an outdoor space behind my flat, but it's communal, and overlooked by 3 buildings.. I just don't feel the need to share my doll hobby with that many people).

The only reason I wouldn't want to spend too much is that I'm no photographer, It would just literally be to take some nice photos, mainly to post on this forum... I realise the best way to get perfect results is to have the right equipment.

I use my phone to take photos, I don't have a proper camera, although my OH does.. I'm not sure I'd be allowed to use it unsupervised grin My phone does have a great portrait mode on it though, that blurs the background really well, so I could have a play with that.

I unfortunately sold all my miniatures and furniture/props, I just don't have the storage space. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my hobbies and something just had to give. But, hopefully, with decent lighting & backgrounds I can at least get some cute poses smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: What tips can you give for photographing your dolls? - by Lilcurly - 08-17-2020, 11:04 PM