davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2024
Oh boy. More repairs. And she looks a bit tired of it too!
...yeah, I wouldn't want gas anything in my house. I know, millions of people use it... but my luck something would blow up slash
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-04-2024, 04:21 PM)Alliecat Wrote: ... but my luck something would blow up 

No fires and no asphyxiation so far, so I guess I got things sealed up ok.

Now for some 240v electrical work....

4 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53833894237_fa21ef4971_z.jpg]
240 volts

If anything is amiss, her hair will stand on end... or start to smolder.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Hopefully you have finished this task safely without either of you getting melted.
Maybe you should look for a place that doesn’t need so much repair.
Wanna buy mine?? LOL
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-05-2024, 03:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Maybe you should look for a place that doesn’t need so much repair.
Wanna buy mine?? LOL

Do I wanna buy yours? Do I really wanna buy a house from the person who came up with the phrase: "Everything sucks and it's broken!"  Tongue

But I'd move in to this one in a hot second:

https://www.redfin.ca/nb/grand-manan/600.../158174155

Obviously they tailored the listing specifically for me:  "The attached large shed, means you can hideaway all that 'stuff' you can't bear to get rid of."
LOL

(It grates on me to see "hideaway" used as a verb when they mean "hide away," not to mention the misplaced comma. I'd request fifteen grand off for having to correct the grammar in the listing.)

Here's another one that would be great; it's not as cute, and it's beyond any budget I'd ever be able to scrape up, but... water front!:

https://www.redfin.ca/nb/grand-manan/117.../158197745

The cabinets in the kitchen have the exact same maple wood and cabinet hardware of my parents' house when I was a kid. Plus... basement! Not to mention the ocean frontage that I already mentioned!

5 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53838099534_e2bcaa8a67_z.jpg]
Summer of Bratz 2024 - Selfie-Snaps Yasmin
Cute snapshot.  It's very warm & summery.

(07-06-2024, 09:51 AM)davidd Wrote: Do I wanna buy yours? Do I really wanna buy a house from the person who came up with the phrase: "Everything sucks and it's broken!" 
Well, some most people would not be as bothered by noise as I am, and I'm sure the roaming little sh*ts of the neighbourhood would not harass a man in the same way.

Quote:I'd request fifteen grand off for having to correct the grammar in the listing.
Hahaha.
My gripe is that realtors should be banned from doing business for using the phrases "sprawling" (often for tiny 1-acre lots) and "endless possibilities" (teardown boxes of crap).
Maybe updated but that one's rather old.  Right on the highway and right beside the community mailboxes, so traffic all day.
When there are no interior photos I usually assume it's because it's not that great.

Quote:Here's another one that would be great; it's not as cute, and it's beyond any budget I'd ever be able to scrape up, but... water front!
HOW much???  For THAT????  HERE??????
LOL.
He is freakin DREAMING.
Fishery warehouse right behind -- lots of trucks although I never noticed much smell when the bank used to be right on the other side -- and right next door to the fishery's takeout/restaurant which has live music throughout the summer.
Some wouldn't mind this either, I'm sure.
I think I hate realtors.  So many listings are a load of cobblers.  Rawr!
6 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 6july2024.jpg]
Dollhouse Telephone in One-Sixth Scale

Nope, it's not a doll, it's a "dollhouse accessory," but I'm counting it because it's what I've got today and it's not like anybody else is tackling A Doll A Day so who cares if I fudge the definition a little from time to time.
7 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53840671357_fd0d4f65e8_z.jpg]
Outdoors on a Windy Day

I'm trying to decide what to do with this action figure head. The head is an odd color so it does not match any of the bodies I have. The head is an odd size, so it doesn't look quite right on any of the bodies I've tried pairing it with.

Plus, the eyes are kind of wonky, so it does not photograph well. It tends to look insane or drugged out... or just plain stupid.

Nor have I been able to create a costume for this figure or a character that I have been satisfied with.

This head is a knock-off (unlicensed reproduction) of the Hot Toys Sucker Punch Baby Doll character figure.

I might just throw it away, as it is giving me a head-ache! Or I suppose I could try to sell it on eBay. Honesty would compel me to mention the hard-to-match color and size, so it probably wouldn't sell.

Annoyingly, but not surprisingly, I've recently misplaced a whole buncha toy and hobby stuff that I cannot find and have no idea what I did with, but this stupid thing sticks around.

7 July - A Doll A Day 2024
(07-07-2024, 11:42 AM)davidd Wrote: Nope, it's not a doll, it's a "dollhouse accessory," ...
I guess you get a pass. LOL PIC-a-day is close enough.

I think you hid the wonky eyes and colour well in this... Give her enough clothes and it wouldn't show if the head doesn't match the body. She just looks tanned. And her outfit looks OK too.
(07-08-2024, 05:19 AM)davidd Wrote: 7 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53840671357_fd0d4f65e8_z.jpg]
Outdoors on a Windy Day

I'm trying to decide what to do with this action figure head. The head is an odd color so it does not match any of the bodies I have. The head is an odd size, so it doesn't look quite right on any of the bodies I've tried pairing it with.

Plus, the eyes are kind of wonky, so it does not photograph well. It tends to look insane or drugged out... or just plain stupid.

Nor have I been able to create a costume for this figure or a character that I have been satisfied with.

This head is a knock-off (unlicensed reproduction) of the Hot Toys Sucker Punch Baby Doll character figure.

I might just throw it away, as it is giving me a head-ache! Or I suppose I could try to sell it on eBay. Honesty would compel me to mention the hard-to-match color and size, so it probably wouldn't sell.

Annoyingly, but not surprisingly, I've recently misplaced a whole buncha toy and hobby stuff that I cannot find and have no idea what I did with, but this stupid thing sticks around.

7 July - A Doll A Day 2024

You have the perfect methhead character, and you're planning on throwing it away?! :0
(07-09-2024, 08:15 AM)fishy Wrote: You have the perfect methhead character, and you're planning on throwing it away?! :0

Okay... that's such a brilliantly perfect idea I may have to use it... instead of what I came up with, which is quite pedestrian by comparison.   LOL

8 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53846208629_a10bd3672c_z.jpg]
New Job - Walking the Dog

That one doll I took pictures of yesterday, the one I was debating whether to sell or even discard, decided she didn't want to leave.

I even went so far as to take pictures of the head for an eBay listing.

Then, while I was rummaging through a tub looking for something completely unrelated, I ran across this headless military figure.

The former head from the military figure decided a while back that she didn't want to be a Naz... errr... a military officer anymore, and she joined a group of fun-loving rebel mercenaries, where there's just as much shooting and blowing things up but a lot less protocol and office politics and the dress code is more relaxed. (See A Doll A Day 2023 - December 12)

Bodiless head teamed up with the headless body and decided to stay... and adopted a stray dog.
Well there you go. And you made a nice photo out of it. The fireplace backdrop looks great.
I think I'd like to join these fun-loving rebels blowing stuff up.
(07-09-2024, 10:54 AM)davidd Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 08:15 AM)fishy Wrote: You have the perfect methhead character, and you're planning on throwing it away?! :0

Okay... that's such a brilliantly perfect idea I may have to use it... instead of what I came up with, which is quite pedestrian by comparison.   LOL

8 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53844490326_5bfce9dda8_z.jpg]
New Job - Walking the Dog

That one doll I took pictures of yesterday, the one I was debating whether to sell or even discard, decided she didn't want to leave.

I even went so far as to take pictures of the head for an eBay listing.

Then, while I was rummaging through a tub looking for something completely unrelated, I ran across this headless military figure.

The former head from the military figure decided a while back that she didn't want to be a Naz... errr... a military officer anymore, and she joined a group of fun-loving rebel mercenaries, where there's just as much shooting and blowing things up but a lot less protocol and office politics and the dress code is more relaxed. (See A Doll A Day 2023 - December 12)

Bodiless head teamed up with the headless body and decided to stay... and adopted a stray dog.

I love a good redemption arc! (I was picturing more "smokes meth and gets into fights with other customers in the middle of the night at rural Waffle Houses," but you can't tell me drugs weren't involved in that outfit choice.)

I wish I had your skill at making backdrops. Mine were always not good enough. (Remember that Hawaiian one you made at the Pinky St. Forums? It was amazing.)
(07-06-2024, 02:43 PM)Alliecat Wrote: He is freakin DREAMING.
Fishery warehouse right behind -- lots of trucks although I never noticed much smell ...
I think I hate realtors.  So many listings are a load of cobblers.  Rawr!

Hee hee! You seem determined to dissuade me from having an interest in your island paradise! I can't blame you, wanting to keep it all to yourself.

Okay, so, what's wrong with this one? It's a little pricier, but more space and literal ocean front and multiple outbuildings!

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/27084...rand-manan

(07-09-2024, 01:57 PM)fishy Wrote: I wish I had your skill at making backdrops.  Mine were always not good enough. (Remember that Hawaiian one you made at the Pinky St. Forums?  It was amazing.)

I do remember that Hawaiian one! I think about that Hawaiian beach hut regularly. I've attempted to replicate that project and failed. That one was true magic (plus a lot of tedious effort... but I could sit outside and look at the ocean while working on it so really it wasn't all that tedious) that I have never been able to duplicate.

These days, I am seeing miniature settings, doll houses, and dioramas on Instagram and other places that make me want to just give up. But... I keep on spray painting pieces of styrofoam I pull out of the bins at the dump and I keep taking pictures. I don't know why, really.

9 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53846125663_52b28d12d7_z.jpg]

Figure: TBLeague S44
Costume: Pullip Melissa doll
Sword: TBLeague Steampunk Red Sonja
She’s pretty. Somewhat reminiscent of a J-Doll. Cool sword too.

(07-10-2024, 02:29 AM)davidd Wrote: You seem determined to dissuade me from having an interest in your island paradise! I can't blame you, wanting to keep it all to yourself.
Okay, so, what's wrong with this one?
No, just aware that realtors are selling shiny wonderfulness, won’t tell you about problems in the surrounding area, crop their photos neatly to leave out the junkyard, won’t tell you that there is no access off the highway, etc. etc. Of course, I want one to do the same thing for this house. And seriously, I’d love to interest you. You can buy my house right now, today!

That one is interesting, and I might look at it if it was on a bigger lot. And somewhere else. I wonder what’s wrong with it too – the owner died two years ago. It has been for sale for some time.
10 July - A Doll A Day 2024:

[Image: 53848856461_6d6263211b_z.jpg]
Army Guy discovers that his camouflage is less effective during flower season.

I'm just goin' thru the motions today. The weather's too hot and I'm too busy (or lazy) to put much effort in to A Doll A Day right now.

Meanwhile, in other curmudgeonly grumbling...

... I'm getting kinda tired of Flickr constantly reminding me how "progressive" they are and how "tolerant" they are and how "diverse" they are and how "green" they are and how "friggin-*ss wonderful" they are because they're contributing some percent or other to this cause or that cause. And now Flickr is part of an umbrella company called Awesome (yes, for realz) that owns both Flickr and SmugMug. And Flickr has accounts on X and on Facebook and on Instagram, and Awesome feels compelled to constantly remind me how awesome they are.

Does Instagram have a Flickr account? Does X have a Flickr account? No? So why, then, is Flickr wasting time on Instagram and X and freakin' Facebook?

Also, Flickr is part of something called The Conservation Alliance, and they are Certified Evergreen, and they earned, bought, or otherwise qualified for some kind of Climate Neutral certification (how th' hell? Servers burn up a LOT of power, and there's no way to prove all the electricity comes from wind farms, never mind the dead birds), and Flickr has even earned certification as A Great Place to Work.

That's all well and good, except... they've almost DOUBLED the annual fee for "Pro" accounts over the past couple or three years. I guess Great Place to Work means stick it to the paying customers so you can take long afternoon latte breaks while reveling in your green-ness. Not to mention PAYING some twenty-something punk to "manage" Flickr's "social media presence."

I wonder how much Flickr's social media manager gets paid? A helluva lot more than I do, I bet'cha!

It'd all be cool if what they were doing didn't entail jacking up the user fees. They're charging me more so they can brag about their yuppie progressivism while surfing Facebook.

I wish these tech companies would hire old people who cared about customers and service instead of young people who care about causes. Let the young people donate their own dime rather than stroking their own egos by spending mine.