davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
(08-19-2019, 03:01 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Looks like they're making sure they are being very precise!

Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, swear profusely, and try it again is the standard procedure.

(08-19-2019, 03:12 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Are they doing all this work voluntarily, or do you have to pay them? Do they demand ice cream, chocolate or new clothes for their services?

New clothes... and body parts. Prolly woulda been cheaper to hire a professional.

(08-19-2019, 10:26 AM)Alliecat Wrote: That does not look like fun if you have to cut & fit on an angle around the tub.  But the girls do look like they know what they're doing.

The single angle along the tub was not too challenging. Some of the other sections have multiple angles that have proven very frustrating.

[Image: august18.jpg]
18 August – The Last of Her Kind

A single lonely Monster High Draculaura: Daughter of Dracula (reboot budget version) lurks among the "Glimma Galz" Barbie knock-offs in a local discount chain store in a small town in the rural American Southwest.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She looks like she's ready to lead an army of kick-ass girls down the aisles to freedom...
That’s kind of sad that she is the last of her kind, but interests keep changing and they’ll more than likely cycle back at some point.
She is going to be in charge of the escape attempt from the bargain bin.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Excuse me while I cry in the corner... However, that's G1 screening and body... She must be one of those Horsemen of the Apocalypse they released just before the reboot, those dolls had G1 designs, but very limited articulation... and very limited overall quality.
Ula D in the wild... I can't even with how this is such a rare spotting.

And now I'm missing MH again...
Aw, how sad. And you didn't rescue her...?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-19-2019, 01:41 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She looks like she's ready to lead an army of kick-ass girls down the aisles to freedom...

Or they are her catatonic blood-slaves.

(08-19-2019, 02:48 PM)Elfy Wrote: That’s kind of sad that she is the last of her kind, but interests keep changing and they’ll more than likely cycle back at some point.

Could happen. There was a "classic horror movie" craze in the 1960s. Then again with Monster High circa 2010. So maybe in another fifty years, which is barely a blink of an eye in "vampire years."

(08-19-2019, 05:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She is going to be in charge of the escape attempt from the bargain bin.

Unfortunately, she can't even bend her elbows, so getting herself free of the packaging alone will present a challenge.

(08-19-2019, 05:57 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Excuse me while I cry in the corner... However, that's G1 screening and body... She must be one of those Horsemen of the Apocalypse they released just before the reboot, those dolls had G1 designs, but very limited articulation... and very limited overall quality.

Oh, that's right, I had forgotten. Just prior to the "reboot," Mattel began offering budget line figures with limited articulation. This could be one of them.

(08-19-2019, 08:14 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ula D in the wild... I can't even with how this is such a rare spotting.

And now I'm missing MH again...

I miss Monster High pretty regularly. Kind of silly to miss a toy line that was issued when I was already an adult.

(08-20-2019, 07:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw, how sad.  And you didn't rescue her...?

Nine bucks as the "clearance price." Couldn't bring myself to do it for a limited articulation "budget" doll. I refused to purchase any of the budget line on principle... and because they were crap quality... when they were originally released, and even though nostalgia tempted me, I overcame the urge.

[Image: august19.jpg]
19 August – A Bear Sitting There

My "headache day" photos are far less artistic than those by neon_jellyfish. Today is the closest I have come to giving up on A Doll A Day in 2019. Of course, one might argue, based on this photo, that I have, in fact, given up.
Aw sad Sorry it wasn't a good day.
You can do it!! Your photos have given everyone here a great deal of entertainment. Even on the days it's more effort, we enjoy seeing them. I take it the bear ex-presses your mood... Does he sing, or what?
(And plushies count; ask Victor.)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Plushies definitely count. We’ve done a few.
Awww, I feel your pain (literally)! But ADAD isn't about quality, it's about sticking to the challenge for the whole year, so the fact that you took and uploaded the photo despite everything actually means you've put in extra portion of not giving up! Hang in there!
We can’t do beautifully planned and executed shots every time. You’ve done a photo & published it, and you’re still accomplishing the challenge.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
But you did add to the bear theme of lately! Woo, you!
(08-20-2019, 12:56 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I take it the bear ex-presses your mood...  Does he sing, or what?
(And plushies count; ask Victor.)

He... uhm... "or whats."

http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=7261473&pid=8225366#pid8225366

(08-20-2019, 03:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: Plushies definitely count. We’ve done a few.

Plushies count. Okay, I'll go with that.

(08-20-2019, 08:05 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: But ADAD isn't about quality....

Well, my ADAD isn't, that's for sure!   LOL

(08-20-2019, 09:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: We can’t do beautifully planned and executed shots every time.  You’ve done a photo & published it, and you’re still accomplishing the challenge.

So I tell myself. Thanks.

(08-20-2019, 11:10 PM)werepuppy Wrote: But you did add to the bear theme of lately! Woo, you!

True, plush bears have been a recurring theme in ADAD/ADAW recently.

[Image: august20.jpg]
20 August – Cousin Monday Assures Us That This Film is Held in High Regard in Her Household

Note to werepuppy: it's the original theatrical release version! Yay!
Quote:He... uhm... "or whats."

http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=7261473&pid=8225366#pid8225366

Oh gosh, it was that bear... You know, I almost asked yesterday if those were little skulls on his collar/ tie, and then I thought no, I must be seeing things. He looked so innocent.

You fooled me good, creepy bear. You fooled me good.