Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Interesting to see another line of dolls besides Pullips where rebodying is such a 'thing'. She's cute. The original didn't have a tail??
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-11-2019, 10:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: The original didn't have a tail??

The 12-inch originals had fuzzy tails. The 5-inch "Petite" versions had hard plastic tails. In fact, the Petites looked very much like the one pictured here on the Monster High body... or the "moster body high."
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(10-10-2019, 11:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Another great match! I'm starting to wonder whether Lanard matched their colors to MH on purpose...

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact the heads are from older dolls, I would think so. I'm surprised they didn't try re-launching the dolls during the MH boom, so to speak. They would have sold well, even if just for people looking to customise.

(10-11-2019, 02:04 AM)davidd Wrote: The original Catwalk Kitties pre-dated Monster High by at least a couple of years.

Now, these Made-in-China Catwalk Kitty heads are being marketed to fit Monster High bodies: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985799567.html

(Or, to be precise, "for moster body high".  sly )

Perfect rebody for the "Chase" head!

Not that surprised, truth be told. Even now MH still holds a level of popularity for customising and the werecats were among some of the best selling characters they had. 

Ah! I wonder how you know all the stock names for these heads - I can't seem to find anything online. A few old blog posts, but nothing solid.

(10-11-2019, 08:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Oh, cute!

Thank you ^^

(10-11-2019, 10:03 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Interesting to see another line of dolls besides Pullips where rebodying is such a 'thing'.  She's cute.  The original didn't have a tail??

I think rebodying is a thing across a ton of different types of dolls, though admittedly I have seen it most often among Pullips. I think it's a mix of looking for articulation - and MH dolls did have great articulation - and maybe just wanting a different look for the dolls. I think the originals had a tail, I was just meaning that some of my rebodies have lost their tails because I'm grabbing dolls from charity shops and the like, LOL.

(10-11-2019, 12:22 PM)davidd Wrote: The 5-inch "Petite" versions had hard plastic tails. 

You know, I've never actually seen the "Petite" dolls? I will need to go google searching. 

- - - 

284: New Boots
[Image: 60944612_8a77e2daaaef8a622ca0681e66b824ba_standard.jpg]
Mildred finally has the required black boots for attending Cackles Academy. They're properly stompy as well. She's a witch right down to her boots!
Awww, she seems to be so pleased with them! Good boots are a must for every witch.
(10-11-2019, 11:14 PM)werepuppy Wrote: You know, I've never actually seen the "Petite" dolls? I will need to go google searching. 

Those are some seriously stompy witch boots! Equally suitable for riding motorcycles or for handling overly-fast broom landings.

Catwalk Kitties Petites - I'll start a new topic so as not to derail your Doll a Day.

Or even better: resurrect an already existing topic.
Aw! Everyone needs a good pair of stompy boots.
Stompy boots are the best.
(10-11-2019, 11:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Awww, she seems to be so pleased with them! Good boots are a must for every witch.

She loves her boots, they're perfect! A witch needs boots to kick butt in. 

(10-12-2019, 01:52 AM)davidd Wrote: Those are some seriously stompy witch boots! Equally suitable for riding motorcycles or for handling overly-fast broom landings.

Mildred never can stick the landings. She really does need protection on her feet for the amount of times shes fallen at the last. 

(10-12-2019, 06:49 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Aw! Everyone needs a good pair of stompy boots.

Stompy boots are the best boots.

(10-12-2019, 11:24 AM)Elfy Wrote: Stompy boots are the best.

Fully agreed ^^ 

- - - 

285: Legacy
[Image: 60982252_ed69146aeb8eecb2f5f77f89828e2bbc_standard.jpg]
Her great-grandmother left behind one that Nora isn't sure she wants to live up to...
You can always be your own wicked witch! You don't have to follow in your great-grannie's footsteps, especially if doing things your way means being able to take a shower!
What with trying to live up to legacies and all, Nora and Kylo-Ben have something in common. I wonder if it would be enough to generate a spark or two between them? Then he could stop hassling Rey.

Of course, then Rey would feel jealous, and she'd go after Nora, and an entirely new front would open up in the Star Wars saga as The Force takes on wicked magic.
Stompy boots are great.

And Nora shouldn’t feel forced to follow in Great-Grandmas footsteps - she should go her own way.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-12-2019, 11:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You can always be your own wicked witch! You don't have to follow in your great-grannie's footsteps, especially if doing things your way means being able to take a shower!

Unfortunately, Nora does seem to have inherited her great-grandmother's water sensitivity. It's not as bad as it was for the infamous Wicked Witch, but water does tend to leave her tender and a bit sore. There are other ways to keep herself clean, but that's personal, so we will not get into that.

(10-12-2019, 11:20 PM)davidd Wrote: What with trying to live up to legacies and all, Nora and Kylo-Ben have something in common. I wonder if it would be enough to generate a spark or two between them? Then he could stop hassling Rey.

Of course, then Rey would feel jealous, and she'd go after Nora, and an entirely new front would open up in the Star Wars saga as The Force takes on wicked magic.

I don't think there is anything in the world that could stop Kylo from wanting to spend his time around Rey, but he could at least bemoan his lot in life with Nora as being the grandchild of such an infamous figure. 

And then Susan would come in and wonder why they feel the need to follow anyone's footsteps - her Grandfather is quite willing to let her do her own thing. Perhaps it's different if your grandparent is a saving the universe type? 

(10-13-2019, 06:40 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Stompy boots are great.

And Nora shouldn’t feel forced to follow in Great-Grandmas footsteps - she should go her own way.

I genuinely love stompy boots - the only type of boots I wear. 

Nora is trying but there's such ex.pectation and she does go to Ever After High - she's an exchange student in the same way as the Wonderland students. No, she didn't have a choice in the matter. 

- - - 

286: Spitting Image
[Image: 61014690_7b6459d601bedced73db8a1de49c8a36_standard.jpg]
When Nora had her natural hair colour, everyone told her she was the spitting image of her great-grandmother when she was young. No wonder she cut and dyed it. 

(Though I have to say, the long black really adds to Nora's Goth aesthetic, I really am prefering the purple bob as her hairstyle.)
She looks great, but the purple bob wins!
The purple bob is adorable (and bangs are always a win for me), but with the long black hair... oh! Be still my beating heart! She looks like a gorgeously green embodiment of Morticia Addams!

Tish! Say something in French!
The purple bob is much cuter on her!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)