Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Hi back to Fetch, so nice that he’s been taught to wave.
(10-17-2019, 02:54 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hello, Fetch! What a cute puppy you are!

He looks so pleased at being called cute. 

(10-17-2019, 09:54 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Hello, Fetch.
He appears to be a cross between a german shepherd and a teddy bear... wink

All the better to get all the hugs! 

(10-17-2019, 03:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: Hi back to Fetch, so nice that he’s been taught to wave.

He's a polite little one, he knows to say hello.

- - - 

290: Free At Last
[Image: 61150372_d2dbeb810346e3bfc070d2b55dffc333_standard.jpg]
Freed the childhood Sindy doll from her packaging. Had to replace the elastic in her hair, but she is otherwise minty fresh. She really does look so much like Barbie, that I'm tempted to see about getting her a made to move body.

This girl is from the Vivid Imagination period of owning the Sindy license, for those curious. They do have some nice outfits if you look on eBay - there's a Victorian or Edwardian style dress that I can see people wanting for Pullips. Still prefer the Pedigree face, though.
She's cute! I wonder what misadventures The Room will hold for her?

Nah, with a MTM body she'd lose those smoothly sculpted knees!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She's a patient one, isn't she? Congrats on escaping from box!
She's cute. I wish I had her shiny light hair smile
You've had her in a box since your childhood? YAY for deboxing and adventures to come.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-18-2019, 02:22 AM)davidd Wrote: She's cute! I wonder what misadventures The Room will hold for her?

Nah, with a MTM body she'd lose those smoothly sculpted knees!

I really do not know at the current moment, but I'm sure it will be some amount of hijinks.

This is very true. More articulation, or nice knees? Hm, a hard choice. 

(10-18-2019, 04:10 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's a patient one, isn't she? Congrats on escaping from box!

Her box was not an easy one to get into, so it did get ripped. To her delight.

(10-18-2019, 11:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She's cute.  I wish I had her shiny light hair smile
You've had her in a box since your childhood?  YAY for deboxing and adventures to come.

Not since childhood. I did have this doll as a child, and rebought her a few years ago in a fit of nostalgia. Took until now to open her. 

- - - 

291: Positively Emerald
[Image: 61177511_4df7ec417f9736de1d0021cadce51f46_standard.jpg]
Elphaba Thropp is one of those characters I would say I have an emotional connection to.  When I heard about this doll, I knew I had to get her. 

So, she's on the Pivotal body, her outfit closes with snaps, and she's this deeper green in comparison with most greens used for the stage musical. She is stunning. Admittedly, she's not perfectly the Elphaba I picture from the book - something I am working on - but she's absolutely gorgeous and I'm so thankful for having her.
That's one chic Elphaba! Maybe a bit too pretty, but I can't hold that against her. She's awesome!
Spectacular costume! Are there traces of red and silver amid the black? With a separate cape?

You have an emotional connection to this character? Based on... your shared enjoyment of setting scarecrows on fire? Or keeping flying monkeys as minions?
(Now I'm picturing flying monkeys circling the manor house out there on the windblown moors.)
Wow, she is quite a dark green. She looks nicely detailed. Do you have to worry about colourfasting for a black outfit on a green doll, or does she not suffer from this more-usually-Pullip infirmity?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Pretty Sindy free from her box. And she had Pudsley on her T-shirt (the Children in Need bear).
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-18-2019, 11:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's one chic Elphaba! Maybe a bit too pretty, but I can't hold that against her. She's awesome!

Oh she really is too pretty, but she is meant to be based on the musical so... 

(10-19-2019, 02:18 AM)davidd Wrote: Spectacular costume! Are there traces of red and silver amid the black? With a separate cape?

You have an emotional connection to this character? Based on... your shared enjoyment of setting scarecrows on fire? Or keeping flying monkeys as minions?
(Now I'm picturing flying monkeys circling the manor house out there on the windblown moors.)

Yes, and yes! Though part of the cape is sewn on at one shoulder so it can't be completely seperated.

LOL, no. It would be more accurate to say I have a connection to the book. In my senior years of school, part of your overall grade for English was to pick a book and write an essay on themes contained therein. I picked Wicked, and wrote about the presentation of good and evil within the narrative and how it connected to Elphaba as a character. I got one of the highest grades in my year group overall. Just... The connection is due to the fact that my English teacher that year was deliberately marking me down, and basically trying to bully me out of the class. So, yeah, smug satisfaction that I did it, and there's been a connection to the green girl since. 

(Though of course, I have wolves, not flying monkeys Tongue )

(10-19-2019, 09:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, she is quite a dark green.  She looks nicely detailed.  Do you have to worry about colourfasting for a black outfit on a green doll, or does she not suffer from this more-usually-Pullip infirmity?

She is nicely detailed, and I do quite like the darker green of her. I'm not sure if there will be an issue regarding staining but I don't ever plan on redressing her from this outfit. 

(10-19-2019, 06:39 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Pretty Sindy free from her box.  And she had Pudsley on her T-shirt (the Children in Need bear).

Thank you, and yes she did! This Sindy was released to raise money for Children in Need back in the day. I think about nearly £2 of her overall price went directly to the charity. 

- - - 

292: Kyoto Oren Susie
[Image: 61214350_af68e9922b06fa93d719503fe8de3bf2_standard.jpg]
Susie dolls were from a company called R&D - named after the creators Rudi Teruel and David Wu. She was an 11.5" fashion doll first released in 2003, and was one of the few of the time to be fully jointed with 14 points of articulation. Jason Wu and Integrity Toys helped in producing the dolls, and she eventually joined Integrity's Dynamite Girls line. 

This particular version of Susie is the Kyoto Oren, released towards the end of 2004. She was available in two versions - dark hair with white kimono, or blonde with black kimono.
Ah, she's lovely!
Susie is lovely; she makes me think of a higher-quality Momoko. The outfit looks beautifully detailed.

That's right, you have wolves patrolling the grounds of your manor house. I can picture them in my mind, stalking ominously among the charred scarecrows.
She's so pretty! I absolutely love that kimono!
She’s different and like neon, I really like her outfit.