Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
What a swanky lady! Absolutely glamorous!
Very stylish and elegant. I can see her at a cocktail party with david’s Frank.
(12-27-2019, 05:00 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ooh, very classy looking!

She's one classy lady!

(12-27-2019, 05:03 AM)davidd Wrote: A stylish and elegant addition to your collection! Very nice!

She's seriously bringing up the elegance on the shelves.

(12-27-2019, 07:39 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: What a swanky lady! Absolutely glamorous!

Her face is amazing. Silkstones, man, they have that vintage look that's just the height of glam.

(12-27-2019, 08:44 AM)Elfy Wrote: Very stylish and elegant. I can see her at a cocktail party with david’s Frank.

She would not mind a cocktail party. She would be very in favour of a cocktail party.

- - - 

Thirteenth Doctor
[Image: 64101050_5e6c880f118d4b47c9fe373f1c32d213_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 25th December 2019
... I can't even word here. It's THE DOCTOR. She's so lovely.
She looks awesome! I love her cloak and boots!
Is she in full 1:6 scale, so she can interact fully with most of your other major characters? If so, then fun times ahead!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Looking forward to seeing the Doctor again in the New Year.
(12-27-2019, 11:46 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks awesome! I love her cloak and boots!

I kept giggling over the wee little socks just popping out over the edge of her boots. (I mean I looked, they're more ankle warmers than proper socks but still! An attempt was made.)

(12-28-2019, 02:50 AM)davidd Wrote: Is she in full 1:6 scale, so she can interact fully with most of your other major characters? If so, then fun times ahead!

She is, yes! She's a good bit taller than her Character Options counterpart (pic to come to show this). I would say the Character Options offering (which costs less, for those who are wondering) does have more articulation to offer and is much more of an 'action figure' than this offering by Mattel. That being said? I think the Mattel option would fit among more people's collections - especially those who may have some of the Big Chief Studios 1:6 scale Doctors.

(12-28-2019, 12:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: Looking forward to seeing the Doctor again in the New Year.

She's going to appear a lot! I hope. I have ideas! 

- - - 

Roisin
[Image: 64134649_3256354f995b0fe9b0504ba837c446ac_standard.jpg]
Arrival Date: 25th December 2019

Roisin! She's a Santoro Gorjuss Little Red Riding Hood. Did you know that the original Gorjuss Girl illustration was from a Glasgow based artist? ... Nothing to do with little Roisin here, I just thought it was a fun bit of trivia.

Her name is Irish, meaning Rose, and I'm very fond of how she looks. She has proper little boots on - how can you not love that? I really do have a strong soft spot for these girls, they remind me so much of old-style rag dolls and their minimal ex.pressions mean you can read so much into their faces.
Squeeee! So cute so cute so cute so cute!!!!!! I love Gorjuss and I love faiy tale themed dolls. Since the name is Irish, do you pronounce it 'Rosheen'? The only thing I know about Irish is that it never sounds like it looks written down...
Annndddd.... black & white stripey socks!
Roisin is too cute for words! I may be adjusting my wish lists of dolly purchases due to this (we wants them all, preshusss! LOL )
I knew the original artwork is by a lady in Scotland - I’ve been a fan of her stuff for years. So neat!

(12-29-2019, 04:39 AM)davidd Wrote: Annndddd.... black & white stripey socks!
And this is a signature of the original artwork - every picture I’ve ever seen of the girl has black & white stripes, either socks or scarves, or sometimes arm-warmers.
It fits in so well with the forum’s love of them on their dolls/toys.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She is wonderful. What a great present and addition to your collection. Red Riding Hood was the central character in a Disney Princess fanfic I was writing for a while.
Wow, congrats on the Christmas arrivals! They're all pretty neat. Roisin is sweet! Who's the Doctor made by?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-28-2019, 11:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Squeeee! So cute so cute so cute so cute!!!!!! I love Gorjuss and I love faiy tale themed dolls. Since the name is Irish, do you pronounce it 'Rosheen'? The only thing I know about Irish is that it never sounds like it looks written down...

I'm genuinely waiting for you to find the perfect Gorjuss girl for your collection - I feel like there is one out there that is just the right aesthetic for you! 

Also, yeah, I go with the Northen Irish pronounciation of "ROSH-sheen", as that's how I've heard it said from family members. (Though I do have some in the Republic of Eire too.) Irish names are actually easy enough once you get used to them, but granted I could just be very used to them. LOL. The name means "little rose" for those curious, by the way. 

(12-29-2019, 04:39 AM)davidd Wrote: Annndddd.... black & white stripey socks!

-gaaaasp- You're right! We started this year with an influx of black and white stripey socks, and dear Roisin here is bringing it back for the end! LOL. Actually, in all seriousness? It wasn't until I start photographing my dolls, and seeing others photos, that I realised just how often stripey socks were used for dolls. 

(12-29-2019, 06:55 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Roisin is too cute for words!  I may be adjusting my wish lists of dolly purchases due to this (we wants them all, preshusss! LOL )
I knew the original artwork is by a lady in Scotland - I’ve been a fan of her stuff for years.  So neat!

The artist is wonderful - weirdly she never shows up at the big art related comic con in Glasgow. Huh. I wonder if she's ever been invited.

There's at least... one I have my eye on right now. She's got differently coloured hair but this one is a more natural colour compared to the fantasy colours of my Alice and Ashling. I shall start putting pennies to the side and see what happens. 

(12-29-2019, 08:56 AM)Elfy Wrote: She is wonderful. What a great present and addition to your collection. Red Riding Hood was the central character in a Disney Princess fanfic I was writing for a while.

Honestly, I think my Mum likes my Gorjuss girls more than I do, they're the first she looks to when she looks for doll ideas for me. Can't say I blame her - they are very stunning. 

Also? I would be so interested in reading that.

(12-29-2019, 01:16 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow, congrats on the Christmas arrivals!  They're all pretty neat.  Roisin is sweet!  Who's the Doctor made by?

Thank you! I was very lucky this year (though I've still to show two small plush.) The Doctor is one of Mattel's Barbie Signature collection line. She's a Gold Label doll, so there's no more than ... 20,000 units of her worldwide. Which surprised me a little because the BBC is under a belief that no one would want merch, and yet... Not complaining, just surprised. 

- - - 

Olivia's Big Cup
[Image: 64166288_3955adc75235a10c5abd4c5dfecd9ab5_standard.jpg]
So while not technically a dolly related gift - this friend makes a habit of sending a new ornament each year - it's become one because... Well, it makes an excellent mug for Olivia for her tea while reading.

(Yes, that's the state my friend is from. I like the designs on the cup. Olivia just says it might give her a decent of tea.)
That is a big mug!

I'm not sure if I'll add any Gorjuss dolls to my collection, because I don't really enjoy dolls with low articulation, and I need money for more Pullips and Smart Dolls and BJDs and Azones... Although I have o say, design-wise, there are several perfect Gorjuss girls. Little Foxes, The Frock, The Dreamer, Dear Alice...
The cup is an ornament? Oh, yes, I see the cord on the handle. Interesting. Make a fine doll-sized mug.

Michigan... where it's colder and they get more snow than Utah, even!