Added to the family...*Pic heavy*
*WARNING* This may be considered to be an "adult" topic. If you don't wish to view dolls using miniature tobacco accessories please do not proceed!

...so you are cool with it? Let's get on with it then smile Oh and um, apologies for the poor lighting; we really have had atrocious weather outside so I've had to rely on my really crummy indoor lamps :/ But I've already waited a little more than a week and I just couldn't wait any longer!

So I have recently been showering Sappho with gifts! She got a new hookah set (complete with persian rug and comfy floor pillows to recline on), and new clothes, among many other things! Here she is checking out her new stuff:

"Mmmm....that's relaxing...."
[Image: 4372596156_19c317d472.jpg]

And look! A new friend! Atropos says "Geez, Sappho, way to hog the hose. Why not share a little?"
[Image: 4372596216_2d730cb42d.jpg]

Another friend was hiding! Zoet says "..." (She is shy and honestly a little scared of Atropos right now; they are still getting to know each other and Atropos can be intimidating! Zoet is just trying to stay out of it.)
[Image: 4372596282_752d3af687.jpg]

"That's Better!"
[Image: 4372596414_1fa33fe8d6.jpg]

"Here Zoet, your turn."
"What's the matter? Don't you want some? No need to be such a baby all the time!"
[Image: 4372596546_1fc6784819.jpg]

(Sappho): "Atropos, there's no need for you to be a bully either. Zoet, it is okay if you don't want to. After all, Socrates said 'know thyself.' If you know well enough that you don't want to, it is good that you should stick by your principles and not be moved by what others say."
[Image: 4371845417_6df36a450d.jpg]

"Fine, Zoet, if you don't want to, then more for me. I'll show you how it's done."
[Image: 4371845559_18ec84d06b.jpg]

"Come now, Atropos, this isn't a competition. Let's just chill, okay? As my namesake said 'when anger surges through thy heart, let not thy foolish tongue take part.'"
[Image: 4371845733_0cb2e98cd1.jpg]

(Atropos): "Geez, put a sock in it, Sappho!"
(Sappho): "Atropos, you're the one who --"
(Atropos): "What're you gonna do, write another poem about it? Ha! If you girls work me up into a tizzy I'll be getting my scissors, and nobody wants that now, do they? ...[silence]... That's what I thought!" *storms off*
[Image: 4372597066_94d953f703.jpg]

(Sappho): "Fancy! She sure has let her powers get to her head. I think she just needs some time to cool down and get adjusted here. You okay, Zoet?"
(Zoet): *smiles and nods*
(Sappho): "Cool....so um....you wanna smoke?"
[Image: 4371845979_dabdaa043e.jpg]

Haha, that last part was supposed to be a little joke LOL
I hope you liked the story above! And don't worry about the girls, they are getting along pretty well for the most part, even though they are all still getting adjusted. Sappho has got her hands full now dealing with these two! Zoet may be quiet and shy at first, but I have a feeling that won't last for long! Also I did have some incense going when I was taking the pics for effect; I think you can see the smoke in some of the pics. Also, just for the record, Socrates wasn't born until almost exactly 100 years after Sappho died, so unfortunately the real poet never got the benefit of his work. Just for the record.

Some more pics:

Atropos:
[Image: 4371846055_26ac10eeb4.jpg]
Yes she is a Tezca. She is the one who has had all the problems I detailed in another post. Her right arm is the one that is messed up at the shoulder joint; I think you can tell it is in basically the same position in all the pics because it will almost never hold any pose above or below how it is shown. It is her other wrist that has problems, but at least you cannot see it in most of the pics because of the armwarmers. She is very floppy but with a bit of fiddling I was able to get some decent pics of her (I think). I do have some obitsus on the way to me, so we will see how that goes. Oh and I have some new eyechips and a wig for her as well, although to be honest her stock wig and eyes have kind of grown on me, so we will see which I prefer.

I also wanted to mention her name. Yes, like Sappho it is a greek name, but unlike Sappho who was a mortal poet, Atropos was one of the "Fate" goddesses. According to the mythology, she and her sisters determine the life and death of every mortal soul; her sisters weave the fabric of life, and measure the length of it, and Atropos is the one who cuts the thread of life with her shears to seal the fate of each persons death. It is said that even the immortal Gods dared not trifle with the Fates. Oh, and apparently the name Atropos is pronounced "Ah-treh-pas" (according to wikipedia and a couple other online sources anyway), even though it looks like it would be pronounced differently.

Zoet:
[Image: 4372597404_8dfaae77cf.jpg]
[Image: 4372597498_f7ed070d85.jpg]

Yes, she is Another Clock Rabbit. Like Tezca, I have plans to rewig and rechip her as well, but I am not 100% sure that I will change her stock wig and eyechips for good. I had a lot of trouble coming up with a good name for her. I wanted something that would reflect her sweet nature, so my first thoughts were the names Gretchen and Leisel, but when I realized how many other dolls have these names I decided that I wanted something a bit more unique. I toyed with the name Coquette; I think the word fits her well and it does sound really cute, but somehow I couldn't help but think that when I say that name it sounds like "coke-ette" and I wasn't too happy about that. Other names I considered were Mirabai, Sunderban, and Eurypterid; although unique none of those names quite fit her. So, I went to an online translator and looked up the word "sweet" in other languages, and fortunately, the Dutch word for sweet is Zoet, so my problem was solved fairly easily. And as you can see, it won't take long for Zoet to start coming out of her shell smile

I think the girls are starting to get along better and better each day!
[Image: 4371846435_9f52d9e217.jpg]

And just because I love it so much, a link to the pic of their bedding:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4372...9e1a25.jpg

Thanks for looking grin
"I do think I am better than Pullip-style."
Aw, I think Zoet is adorable! Her little pig-tails are so sweet! smile
If you live to be one hundred years old, I want to live to be one hundred minus a day, so I never have to live one day without you. - Pooh Bear