Wall Coverings in Dollhouses -- What to Use?
Hi all!

I am really dying to cover the "walls" of my doll cabinet, to make it look wallpapered (anything other than the plain wood that's there now).

Initially, I thought I could use some of the gorgeous scrapbook papers out there. However, I found they are just not tall enough to go from ceiling to floor in my bookcase (I guess each "room" is ~15"-16" high).

I really don't want to buy a whole roll of wallpaper, because it seemed kinda pricey when I looked into it.

My next possible concept is high quality wrapping paper. It's definitely large enough, and there are lots of options as far as patterns go.

Has anyone tried this? I am concerned about the thinness / rip factor, and also how I can secure it to the "walls."

What do you use as wall covering in your dolly homes?
My pic-fic, SVM: Drop Dead Gorgeous, is no more. Check out the tiny archive here: Episode 1 Heart 2 Episode 2 Heart 2
XD To be honest I painted using a tester pot - but I only made Shelley's house out of cardboard! Have you considered trying the border wallpaper (the stuff you can get that's supposed to run down the middle of the wall)? It'll look more like doll-sized wallpaper if you run it top to bottom and it should be a lot cheaper!
Wrapping paper is what I would use smile I would coat the 'walls' thinly with pva/white/school glue and then press it on once cut to size. It should just peel right back off when you're bored of it, if little bits stay on you can wash it off with warm water smile
I used cute scrapbook pages, and even though they were too short, I cropped pieces and made it work, when I smoothed it out, you could not see the lines even where I had pieced it! Wallpaper might work though and would be less work and inexpensive:-)
I'm using several kinds of fabrics, with the same white glue :3
-for all the dollhouse but the bathroom and a couple of attic rooms-
If you can smell what Coty is cooking

>>> feedback <<<
I used sticky contact paper for shelves in Sadie's room and wallpaper I found at Value village in Shelby's room.

[Image: IMAG0009.jpg]
Heart**Wanted**Heart**Flickr**Heart**Etsy**Heart

I believe wrapping paper will get yellow after some time and won't look that good anymore after a while, for my dollhouse I mostly used scrapbook paper, the scrap book papers are too small but you can cut and paste them together I will show you some pictures:

[Image: 2h4z2mq.jpg]
^ These are two pieces of scrap book paper put together with borders to make it look like 1 paper.

[Image: mljrs8.jpg]
^ I did the same here as well.
For gluing, try using rubber cement. It will keep the paper from bubbling. smile
Ooo, great ideas, everyone! I love seeing your pics, too!

I think I will try piecing together the scrapbook paper after all. I'll buy only a few pieces to test if I have the skill to make it work, but hopefully I'll be posting prett pics soon, too!
My pic-fic, SVM: Drop Dead Gorgeous, is no more. Check out the tiny archive here: Episode 1 Heart 2 Episode 2 Heart 2
Hi all!

I started papering my doll house / bookcase with scrapbook paper and Elmer's glue. I had wanted to use the rubber cement, but apparently if you have a latex allergy (such as myself), it's not recommended. Oh well...

In any case, I have done only 3/4 of the back wall...still need to do the side walls and that little 6 inch strip of the back wall. Tomorrow I am making a craft store run for more precise scissors and some other accoutrements. I am nowhere near done with what I want to do here (like wall art, curtains, etc), but thought I'd share a pic of my progress since you were all so helpful:

[Image: DollsMid-May2010002.jpg]

It's kind of a silly hang out room so far. Next up are The Baroque Ballroom and the bar Fangtasia from the Southern Vampire Mysteries / True Blood! It's so much fun to get this going finally!
That looks great so far! I love the colors you used!
Good idea using scrapbook paper, there are so many different designs out there!

I also used scrapbook paper in my diorama's and even though it is too short I sort of mixed and matched:
Kitchen - I used the stripped paper and then added a kitchen themed paper in the gap at the top.
[Image: 4305273777_13809b2025_m.jpg]

Bathroom - I used a pink paper on top and then a white card on the bottom, splits the rooms up well.
[Image: 4305273931_1fe0c73491_m.jpg]
[Image: 5501561441_f26807f466.jpg]
My Flickr
My Etsy
My Feedback
100% ebay under bouncing_soul79
100% etsy under Chunkstar79

It looks great so far. smile
Sorry to hear you're allergic to latex, but I'm glad to see the glue is working well!