Chat challenge #12: Doll at work!
What does your doll do for a living? If still at school, is s/he working in the evenings/weekends to save up for something?
Connor has taken a temporary position at a department store selling shoes to make some extra money. He likes it well enough, but some customers just can't believe their Type 1 or 2 feet aren't going to fit in those tiny, slinky, Barbie shoes.

Big Foot
ROFL...! Love the caption, and the pic is perfectly set up! You can sense his resignation..!
aha, that's so awesome Cornflower Blue! And as a retail employee, I seriously feel his pain. My favorite is "Is it in the back." -.- There is no mythical back room where we hide the stuff that people want.
My girl in the office:
En la oficina
=·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·=
Mi Flickr ♥
=·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·=
♥♥Wishlist♥♥
Isul Mao
=·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·==·.·=
♥♥Wanted♥♥
Latte outfit, Shan-ria outfit, 2xObitsu 27cm - 1x obitsu25cm -
Hehee, thanks! Can you tell I did some time in retail, although not in shoe sales, in my misspent youth?

Zuley, your girl sure has a nice view from her office. Much better than working in a windowless bullpen of cubicles. Been there, done that, too!
Valkyrie tends bar for the vampires...

[Image: 010crop.jpg]

It does, however, come with benefits...all the free blood she can drink!
My pic-fic, SVM: Drop Dead Gorgeous, is no more. Check out the tiny archive here: Episode 1 Heart 2 Episode 2 Heart 2
Valkyrie is awesome and so is that bar! Did you make it yourself?
(12-20-2010, 03:29 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Valkyrie is awesome and so is that bar! Did you make it yourself?

Thank you!

Heehee, yes, I did make the bar! blush

The picfic I'd been working on in my head for, like, a year needed a bar...totally vital to the story. I was looking for a Bratz bar to spray paint black, and then I just gave up, got a wood CD holder / crate thingy from the craft store, some molding, wood glue, sandpaper, my handy spray paint, and some courage, and now we have a bar! yay The liquor cabinets in the back are spray painted Gloria pieces. I found some Barbie salon chairs and hit them with paint, so there is seating for two, also. Happy

My pic-fic, SVM: Drop Dead Gorgeous, is no more. Check out the tiny archive here: Episode 1 Heart 2 Episode 2 Heart 2
You did a wonderful job of coordinating everything! I like the bar the best.

Lately I've been looking at the unfinished wood plaques and spindles and such at the craft stores trying to decide what I could put together to make some furniture. That's why I thought you might have made the bar. I have some Rement and Barbie furniture which works okay for Dals, Blythes, and smaller dolls, but when you start trying to use them with a Taeyang, they're just too small for them. I hope I can manage get even half as good a result as yours.
(12-22-2010, 03:02 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: You did a wonderful job of coordinating everything! I like the bar the best.

Lately I've been looking at the unfinished wood plaques and spindles and such at the craft stores trying to decide what I could put together to make some furniture. That's why I thought you might have made the bar. I have some Rement and Barbie furniture which works okay for Dals, Blythes, and smaller dolls, but when you start trying to use them with a Taeyang, they're just too small for them. I hope I can manage get even half as good a result as yours.

Thank you! blush

Plaques make great tabletops...add some dowels to the bottom and a table is born!

I used to constantly stare at those slabs of styrofoam, wondering how I could make one into a bed or sofa...I caved and bought a huge unfinished wood bed and a sofa from Ebay...but it would have been a fun project.

I do agree that Barbie is just too small when it comes to Taes. The whole "mass produced" vibe of Barbie kind of turns me off...though I do own a bunch of Barbie furnishings. Plus, I find it's a lot of fun to end up with a one of a kind piece in my doll cabinet after I've puzzled the whole thing out.

Thanks for the nice words...you are the first person to notice my little OOAK bar!yay