Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which generation do you collect? & what are your thoughts?
I started out firmly in the G1 camp, I was dead against G3, & thought G2 were just.......not to my taste, lol. Then I ended up with a few G3's, I saw them in a charity shop & just had to have them <3, & a few more.....& then I put them on my wish list for a swap & ended up with some lovely MOC easter exclusives! I still can't get into G2 though, & I really feel that G4 are just slightly funkier G2's! I still don't plan on going crazy with the G3's, but I wouldn't mind having all the seasonal ones, & a few more I've spotted that I like smile

So, what generations are you guys into?

G1 - its what i grew up with - non of the others ones have really sparked my intrest
I think the G1's are so totally different to the G2-4's as well, I can't put my finger on what the difference is (other than the obvious mold difference), but there's something very special about the G1's that they've never managed to capture since.

I actually like all the first 3 gens. I'm still not keen on the G4s (tho I like the ones with the hard hair a little better) I think they look like aliens and un-pony like. Love the show though.
|My Tumblr||My Flickr||My Facebook|
Keep Moving Forward
I wasn't born when G1's were around, though I got my cousins vast collection when I was about 7 (which I still have!) so they were my childhood friends. I grew up with G2 though and they supplied many birthday and Christmas presents but by the time G3 rolled around I was 'too old' for ponies Tongue Of course I've learnt the error of my ways by now and love G4 and the FiM cartoons! So my collection is mostly G1 with some G2's and G3's rescued from charity shops and customs too. Poor G4 Fluttershy is on her own though, bar a G4 Sunlight custom. I wish they weren't so hard to find in the UK!
Check out my Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRe...ef=si_shop

Home: Peach (Xiao Fan) Remy (Custom boy Dal) Jools (Custom Dal) Nari (Resinsoul Mei) Mouse (Mini Dal Hatter).
I had 100s of G1s in my childhood (actually probably still do in my attic) which I loved as a kid but I don't actively collect them anymore. I honestly wouldn't mind a less enthusiastically loved Applejack than mine I think that is the only one I would actively buy. I do have the Junko Mizuno art pony and like some of the other art ponies, I had a few other random G3 ones I picked up because they were cute and on sale.... but really I love the new FIM cartoon and can't get enough of the ponies from that show. Unfortunately my daughter is now right around the age I was when I started collecting MLP and she loves mlp too so we are currently buying two of all the ponies/pony toys.
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
I have mostly G1's and G3's and some Ponyville. Grew up with the G1's and the original MLP cartoon that had Megan and Molly in it. Had a nice collection as a child, but later in my adult life post college I got back into collecting them again. Ended up with a pony boom and now they are all over my room. I've also got some customs too.

Never could get into the G2's, they weren't my cup of tea. Haven't collected in a while so I don't really have an opinion on the G4's. But the G1's and G3's are my favorites. And if it hadn't been for MLP's I don't know if I would have found Pullips.
So cool we got a MLP subforum.

I only have two ponies. I *believe* they are G1. They're from when I was a kid, the only ones left sadly =( I do love them thogh! They sit on my vintage doll shelf with the other old weirdos. I don't even know their names. I should post a picture for you guys. =)
I would like to find some of the other G1's I had as a kid, too. But I can't remember any of their names. I remember one was a white unicorn and one was a yellow pegasus.
(07-08-2011, 08:37 AM)PrincessTomato Wrote: So cool we got a MLP subforum.

I only have two ponies. I *believe* they are G1. They're from when I was a kid, the only ones left sadly =( I do love them thogh! They sit on my vintage doll shelf with the other old weirdos. I don't even know their names. I should post a picture for you guys. =)
I would like to find some of the other G1's I had as a kid, too. But I can't remember any of their names. I remember one was a white unicorn and one was a yellow pegasus.

Wonderful MLP ID site: http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/ponies_list.html I used it to find out the names of some of my ponies that I'd forgotten.
Wow! Great site McKenna! Thanks!
So! I've found out now that I have Parasol and Sherbet! =D
Thank you McKenna!
I used to have lots of the G1 ponies when I was a kid. But then I gave them all to my younger cousin when I went on to middle school...that was a mistake. She mistreated them and chopped off their manes. sad I wish I had kept them for my daughter, who loves the new ponies; she would have been thrilled.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
(07-08-2011, 11:10 AM)PrincessTomato Wrote: Wow! Great site McKenna! Thanks!
So! I've found out now that I have Parasol and Sherbet! =D
Thank you McKenna!

You're welcome! Glad the site could help you out with iding your MLP's. I think I got it from an MLP memeber some time ago.
I didn't keep my original chilhood ponies either sad I gave them to my little sister, & I think they got thrown out in the end - Which I'm gutted about. although my childhood ponies were trashed (I'd drawn on them & cut their manes, & played with them in the bath, lol), & wouldn't have formed part of my main collection, I still would have loved to still have them to display & maybe even restore. It really does suck not to have them anymore.

I grew up with G1s but only had a handful as a child. Loved the original cartoon too! I started collecting them after I found a lot of my old toys several years ago. I mostly collected G1s and nirvanas, and them some G3s. I only like a few G2s, and am not a fan of the G4s.
The Crew: Celsiy/Lizzie ~*~ Rida/Misa-chan ~*~ Veritas/Imogen ~*~ Barasuishou/Pinx ~*~ Souseiseki/Cassie ~*~ Raphia/Isolde ~*~ Greggia/Serenity ~*~ Bouquet/Aries Spark ~*~ Neo Noir/Morghan ~*~ Clarity/Annabell ~*~ Crazzia/Bridgett ~*~ Mir/Rhiannon ~*~ Kirsche/Juju ~*~ Suigintou/Jersie ~*~ My Melody/Payton ~*~ Shinku/Scarlett ~*~ Solarsenshi custom/Yuki ~*~ Shan-ria/Claire ~*~ Jolie/Millie ~*~ Fiori/Zoe ~*~ Hanaayame/Chloe ~*~ Colline/Abbie ~*~ Sakura/Molly ~*~ Milch/Sadie ~*~ Lizbel/Marianne ~*~ Cocette/Peachie ~*~ Seiran/Renji ~*~ Jade/Gryphon ~*~ Richt/Nova ~*~ Timulus/Felix ~*~ Arion/Aidan ~*~ Andrew/Usui ~*~ Tina/Kit ~*~ Kotoya/Saya ~*~ Apollo/Oliver ~*~ Hermine/Felicity ~*~ Sfoglia/Taffie ~*~ Melize/Buttercup ~*~ Ra Muw/Penelope ~*~

BJDs: Hujoos/Jinkie & Spice ~*~ Felix Brownie/Clover ~*~ BBB Elfkins/Ella & Belle ~*~ BBB Mei/Juniper ~*~ DZ Shoyu/Ramie ~*~ DZ Megi/Duncan ~*~ 5SD Tong Tong/Piper ~*~ DL Dang Dang/Emma ~*~ DL Ding Ding/Allie ~*~ DL Fay/Rin ~*~ DL Mic/Oscar ~*~ DollLeeke D Pumpkin/Adelaide ~*~ DollFactory Pepe Panda/Kale ~*~ Bambicrony Ozzy's Kumi/Ceciliy ~*~ Luts Honey Delf Coco/Marianne ~*~ Dollzone Leo/Puck ~*~ Leeke Kiel Ent/Fern ~*~ Leeke Soda Ent/Acorn ~*~ Pipos Heero ~*~ Pipos Demon/Duke ~*~ Pipos/Charlotte ~*~ SOOM Argil/Sparrow ~*~ SOOM Sov/Token ~*~ SOOM Beyla/Ember ~*~ Leeke Peanut ~*~

Waiting: Pipos Derek ~*~ Iplehouse Serca ~*~ Leeke Happy Entaur

Wanting: FL LF Ante
I've been collecting ponies all my life ^^ I really like all gens except for the 3.5's for a variety of reasons (I don't like their style, only 7 characters, boring overall).

I'm a bg fan of the gen4 style, though; I really hope they ca translate the creativity of the show to the toys as well!

I have a collection of about 600 ponies now I think? I have all gen2 except for 2 rare variants,about 300 gen1 and maybe 150 gen3. I used to have loads more but it became a bit too much so I sold a lot.