KiraKira's glass cabochon eyechips
Wow, you did such an amazing job on these eyes!!!
My dolls:Samara (Sfoglia), Mara (Custom), Corey (Seiran), Shizu (Yuki), Anomaly (Lunatic Alice), Aiden (Naomi), Sadie (Zuora),
Crimson (Lunatic Queen), Amalia (Elisabeth), Bloody Mary (Mir), Lana (Eos), Jareth (Sebastian), Dante (Butler), Tarja (Tiphona), Cassidy (Jaldet), Elliott (Naomi), Snookie (Chelsea), Lazulie (Another Alice), Silence (Regen Noir)
(02-12-2012, 07:22 AM)Little_Spark Wrote: Wow, you did such an amazing job on these eyes!!!

blush
Thank you! I really like how they turned out too. I have made another batch and I think I'm getting better at eliminating the air bubbles almost entirely.

My second shipment of glass cabochons looked really clear to begin with and didn't have any internal bubbles. I rinsed them in water and let them dry before I started making more eyes. And there is noticeable improvement.

I hope you guys all have fun creating eyes...
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
So it seems I will have to commission you LOL
My dolls:Samara (Sfoglia), Mara (Custom), Corey (Seiran), Shizu (Yuki), Anomaly (Lunatic Alice), Aiden (Naomi), Sadie (Zuora),
Crimson (Lunatic Queen), Amalia (Elisabeth), Bloody Mary (Mir), Lana (Eos), Jareth (Sebastian), Dante (Butler), Tarja (Tiphona), Cassidy (Jaldet), Elliott (Naomi), Snookie (Chelsea), Lazulie (Another Alice), Silence (Regen Noir)
I never really liked realistic eyes in Pullips and friends but these look amazing! I`ll have to try it out one day.
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
man alive those are some gorgeous peepers KiraKira!
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
I'm having a slight issue. I'm importing the eye pictures into photoshop & re-sizing them (they seem to come out way too big), but they're pixellating loads sad Which is ruining the look of the chips. How did you get yours the right size but still looking so lovely & detailed?

Hmmm....I don't use photoshop, so there's that. I use Microsoft Publisher and then turn the images into jpgs but it's a lot of trial and error to get the right size.
Okey dokes, I've never used publisher before, but I do have it so will give it a go. I think I'm gonna have to fiddle about a fair bit. Thank you smile

This is extremely helpful and really awesome. I was disappointed when you closed your commission thread, so it's awesome that you took the time to make a walk-through for those of us who like to make our dolls extra-custom. grin
[Image: dollbbc.php?sex=girl&back=0000&friendsu=...&acch=0000]

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

Have: Marianne, Blanche, My Melody, Neo Noir, Shinku, Paja, Veritas, Sebastian, Rovam, Aquel, Lunatic Queen, Youtsuzu, Kirsche, Rejen Paja, Grell, Mir, Cinciallegra, Harley Quinn, Barbara Gordon
Customs: American McGee's Alice, Disney-Inspired Alice, Steampunk Alyse, Ramona Flowers, Dr. Horrible, Catgirl, GIR-suit Fangirl "Gertrude", Merida (Dal), Peeka (Pikachu-girl), General Beatrix, Katara
Want (Complete): Clarity, Lunatic White Rabbit, Romantic Alice, Catwoman, Nahh-ato, Craziia
Grails: Edward Scissorhands
Waiting on: None
(08-19-2012, 01:51 PM)captainfantastic Wrote: This is extremely helpful and really awesome. I was disappointed when you closed your commission thread, so it's awesome that you took the time to make a walk-through for those of us who like to make our dolls extra-custom. grin

Thank you. I would have kept my commissions thread open, but I don't have a whole lot of time these days to devote to filling eye orders, so I thought it was best to just stop taking commissions. That, and I *think* I won't be getting any more pullips/taeyangs/dals/isuls...so my interest in the eye thing has dissipated.

I also wanted to add that SunAndMoonCraftKits on etsy.com makes a glaze that is virtually bubble-free when it dries. If you find that you are having trouble with those pesky air bubbles in your eyes when you use E-6000, then you might want to try this product out.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/75572732/sun..._gallery_2&sref=sr_5c0bc83ffa78e26a73be53767ef4846cbd759c5de0d1dcfefc005bb528b660d6_1345491734_14128793_sun&ga_search_query=SunAndMoonCraftKits&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_ref=auto2&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_includes%5B0%5D=materials
Holy crap that's a ridiculous piece of spam.
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
(08-22-2012, 01:55 AM)sceimhiuil Wrote: Holy crap that's a ridiculous piece of spam.

Thanks for reporting this...I banned the spammer but can't delete that spam post.
took care of the spam!
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
It's everywhere sad
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
I know this topic is several months old. I hope this is not considered a "necro" reply, as the conversation and the information still seem relevant.

I really appreciate the clear, concise tutorial... a tutorial with a sense of humor! It was fun to read, and you make this seem like a fun project to attempt! In fact, inspired by your post, I just ordered some cabochons. Now to track down the E-6000... and then work up some eye backings. I appreciate that you shared your "secrets" for creating eyechips with such a remarkable impression of depth to them.

I knew you had mentioned in the past that you made your own eyechips. Your recent photos of Mirai on Flickr inspired me to search for your eyechip photos, which led to this topic.

I'm looking forward to trying this.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!