Anyu's Snow Day
After the first of our two major snow storms, Anyu finally had her own special day. Anyu is very quiet and reserved as you might expect with her Innuit background and her personal history of being stuck in a box way too long. Unfortunately, that has led to her being more or less ignored and I feel bad about that. So, a couple of weeks ago she finally had her special day.

Me: Here is your brand new outfit, I think the colors are lovely on you! Do you like it?
Anyu: Yes...but...could I look out the window?

[Image: DSCN1300356x640_zps239dc7a4.jpg]

Me: Of course!
Anyu: Oh....it SNOWED! It's so...beautiful....
Me: Well, that's true. Say, I have an idea!
[Image: FSCN1313482x640_zps662ec76a.jpg]

Anyu: It's PERFECT!
[Image: FSCN1306_zps013215ad.jpg]
[Image: FSCN1314446x640446x640_zps1a0797d1.jpg]

And afterwards, she made a new friend. She and Marnie are quite close now.

[Image: FSCN1305541x640_zps0be2857f.jpg]
FEEDBACK

La la la, I don't know. The world forget... Feel like so!

Life's too short for ugly dolls!
Cute! She looks so at home in the snow grin
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
So gorgeous--I love seeing snow in photos!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Great use of her stock!

(03-10-2013, 05:40 AM)KiraKira Wrote: So gorgeous--I love seeing snow in photos!
I might feel that way if I lived where you do! But I'm pretty sick and tired of it and having to bundle up in layers of coats and boots and freezing in my office all day because we are next to the outside door that let's all the cold air in. Irritated
Aww, lovely pictures smile

Usually here in Kansas City, it starts snowing around 3pm on a work day. We watch it blow thicker and thicker and see that cars are starting to slide around trying to get up the hill by our building. Finally, by 5pm, the traffic is snarled and it takes 2 hours to get home. (What usually takes 25 minutes, and that only because heading home traffic is worse.) I have a stick shift, so the stop and go drive is murder and I'm so stressed and sore and miserable by the time I get home I can't stand it. Then, if I'm LUCKY, it will keep snowing and I will call in the next day. But more typically, it stops around 7 pm. About the time I get home. And I know I can look forward to a longer drive in than normal.

This winter, the big snowfalls have actually given us three emergency days with only essential people being asked to work. It waited until I was safely home and snug as a bug, then I got to stay there! So wonderful! I dunno, we could get another whammy yet, but I've loved this....
FEEDBACK

Ooh, good for for both you, at least getting to bond again.
She looks timid and that dress suits her character well.
It really looks like the snow is her happy place smile
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit

CornflowerBlue & Kuanyin4...Yeesh. I'm too much of a wimp to actually live where it snows regularly during the winter season. I hate driving as it is and if I had to drive in snow, I'd freak out and probably not ever want to leave the house. Also...I get cold really easily because of my thyroid issues...heck, 69 degrees is freezing for me. That's when I'd need to break out the socks and second blanket for sleeping.

So I guess it's best I admire snow in your photos...

:LOL:
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
(03-13-2013, 02:43 AM)KiraKira Wrote: CornflowerBlue & Kuanyin4...Yeesh. I'm too much of a wimp to actually live where it snows regularly during the winter season. I hate driving as it is and if I had to drive in snow, I'd freak out and probably not ever want to leave the house. Also...I get cold really easily because of my thyroid issues...heck, 69 degrees is freezing for me. That's when I'd need to break out the socks and second blanket for sleeping.

So I guess it's best I admire snow in your photos...

:LOL:

LOL Sounds about right! I never worried about driving in snow until this winter when we had our first storm - the roads were pure slush and my car was stranded at a gas station (I drive an '11 Camaro these days and haven't got snow tires on it yet) so now I'm just afraid to drive in snow! I've had my hubby pick me up from work in his truck a couple times because I hate it so much now! Of course, in Chicago I was spoiled because they plow so well; not so much out here in cornland. I'm sure TrueFan can tell you her stories about the snow as well!

If I could live somewhere out in the country where it never snowed or got below 55 or above 85 I would be thrilled!

kuanyin4, I was actually out in KCMO during a snowstorm not too many years ago, visiting a friend. We got stuck going up a hill Tongue it was kind of hilarious as there was no other traffic around and we felt kinda like a turtle on its back! (I also drive a manual so it got us up eventually but not without difficulty, lol)
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
Yeah, there are hills that you look at and say "I wouldn't want to live up THERE!" I'm glad there was no traffic for you, it isn't too funny when there is. Hubby and I dream of moving to gulf coast, warm water beaches and no snow!
FEEDBACK