Dayton Blythe Meet - April 6 2014 [Image Heavy!]
I finally made it to my first ever doll meet up today. It was SO MUCH FUN! I'm looking forward to getting to know the awesome people I met today! Here are some pictures of the lovely Blythes we brought. Special 3

We met at a Panera in Dayton, Ohio. Here's a blurry shot of half of our table:
[Image: 13679671344_ea7c985f3c.jpg]

[Image: 13679389403_65abe973cd.jpg]
After holding a few Middies today, I decided that Mika -NEEDS- a little sister. Mika seems a little hesitant, though!

[Image: 13679313545_b51a977703.jpg]
One of the customs~

[Image: 13679294275_86fae2c476.jpg]
KENNERS!

[Image: 13679367005_b5ac14d5e1.jpg]
Mika and this Kenner made fast friends. They were so excited about their coordinated Button Arcade dresses!

[Image: 13679286945_dc0d4ef3a1.jpg]
One attendee, Biz, decided to bring one doll of every face mold so we could compare them all. I don't remember which mold this girl is, but I am utterly in love. She just looks so sophisticated and dainty!

[Image: 13679372665_39381f4f92.jpg]
Chloe was extremely grumpy about being the only non-Blythe at the meet. She wanted to make lots of Dal friends today! But, it seemed like several of the people at the meet had never heard of Pullip, Dal, etc., so Chloe had a chance to charm them. She really seemed like she was a hit! Lots of people wanted her picture! blush

[Image: 13679307825_abef741a25.jpg]
This doll has GLOW IN THE DARK HAIR. Biz whipped out her black light to show us!!

The event was quite successful, and everyone had a great time. We agreed that these should be monthly or bi-monthly occurrences in various areas in Southern Ohio. I'll be sure to post here on DM as future events are scheduled! I'd love it if some of you could make it next time too! Heart
[Image: 12367494213_3f89d3a0da.jpg]
Pullip & Co: Myufish Custom: Josie, Aquel: Rhapsody, Celsiy: Miri, Galene: Lark
Ra Muw: Winifred, Dotori: Chloe, Yeolume Podo: Maisie Jane, Neko Mao: Nico, Tiger Lily: Autumn
Blythe: Simply Delight: Mika, Puchippu Chappu Pepa: Rumiko
That looks like a BL, Licca bodied Hollywood with shiny face. I have a Hollywood, too. Some of the Hollywoods were matte, but I never figured out why the mix on this release. BLs were the first repros Takara made and in my opinion, still the cutest. I'd love to see a Kenner in person. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them in the toy store when I was a kid and of course, thought they were weird. If only I had bought one! Anywho, if you guys ever meet in Columbus, I would love to join you. I collected Blythes before Pullips, starting when the repros were first released. So I have a few of most of the molds - BLs, EBLs, SBLs, RBLs, and one FBL. But no Kenners or customs.
Oh, thank you for the information, Cornflower! I thought that doll's name was Hollywood, but I couldn't remember any other details about her. She is definitely a cutie! I think I'm in love with the BL mold!

We have several members in our club that live up near Columbus, so I'll definitely let you know if we make it that far North! LOL I had no idea that you started with Blythe, Cornflower! How many of them do you have?
[Image: 12367494213_3f89d3a0da.jpg]
Pullip & Co: Myufish Custom: Josie, Aquel: Rhapsody, Celsiy: Miri, Galene: Lark
Ra Muw: Winifred, Dotori: Chloe, Yeolume Podo: Maisie Jane, Neko Mao: Nico, Tiger Lily: Autumn
Blythe: Simply Delight: Mika, Puchippu Chappu Pepa: Rumiko
Cool! Columbus is an hour or two, depending on traffic and road construction.

I've got collections of a number of other dolls besides the Groove family. The Blythe headcount is 21 including a few ADGs plus 1 Middie and a whole lot of minis. And these are the Petite Blythes with just a few of the MLP ones that came out more recently.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, pixachii! Thanks for sharing these photos!
So many pretty Blythes at the meet-up! The middie is adorable!

Do you think that Chloe was secretly happy to be the sole Dal? At least she got photographed lots of times...

I love looking at meet-up photos--seems like lots of fun!

smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite