Beniaka the Yeolume
I think Yeolume is quite the little cutie. I had wanted one ever since she was released, but only managed to get one this year. I bought a second-hand PODO, however there was just something about her face-up that left me wanting when I received her.

I don't normally do faceups, because every single time in the past, I just hated how it turned out. Then I'd have to send off my doll's head to a customizer. Not saying that still won't happen.

But this time, I think I actually did a decent face-up. Not perfect, but it's something I can live with.

Here's Beniaka, my little Yeolume custom.
[Image: DSC09345.jpg]

[Image: DSC09348.jpg]

Progress photo--
[Image: e9a6c544-7cc7-4503-bfa5-402292bd9533.jpg]

I wanted her to have a little smile, so I carved a tiny bit into her lips. I'm especially happy with how her lips came out, and the little bit of blush on her cheeks. The brows and lashes also need more work.

I didn't like her stock body at first, since it's really limited in posing, but I'm beginning to not mind it so much now. The only thing I find really annoying is how her head seems so "spinny" on her neck. I'll have her facing one way, and then the next thing I know, she's facing a totally different direction. So...

Up next--
1) I need to teflon tape her neck area to see if that helps.
2) Maybe a change of eyechips...I like dark eyes, but when her eyes are looking forward, there is just so much black that she looks like an alien. Or a shark.
3) Tweak her lashes and brows.

smile
Thanks for looking!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Aw, what a little cutiepie!

The shape of her eyes is beautiful Heart 2 with that wig and the peachy shade of her blush she reminds me of a small Veritas!
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
(07-03-2014, 09:42 AM)Missy_Crane Wrote: Aw, what a little cutiepie!

The shape of her eyes is beautiful Heart 2 with that wig and the peachy shade of her blush she reminds me of a small Veritas!

Thanks, and I'm so glad you said this, because in my doll family, Beniaka is Nanami's (the Veritas) kid sister.

smile
she is beautiful Shann, you did a wonderful job ! smile I love her mouth, her entire faceup and I had the same thought before I read the comments-- mini Veritas. I also love the wig you chose and the dress you (no doubt) made - and I agree about the eyes LOL I am not just copying you word for word, I promise Tongue Just a little lighter so they stand out from the makeup and fringe.

It must be SO satisfying to have such a gorgeous girl and you did it all !!
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
She is a cutie!
Really well done! The wig you chose really suits her new customized faceup yay
[Image: Untitled_3.png]
(07-03-2014, 11:14 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: she is beautiful Shann, you did a wonderful job ! smile I love her mouth, her entire faceup and I had the same thought before I read the comments-- mini Veritas. I also love the wig you chose and the dress you (no doubt) made - and I agree about the eyes LOL I am not just copying you word for word, I promise Tongue Just a little lighter so they stand out from the makeup and fringe.

It must be SO satisfying to have such a gorgeous girl and you did it all !!

Thanks, Deb. I unfortunately cannot take credit for the dress; I bought it from another boardie here a couple years ago, and it's still going strong, so whoever made it is a really good seamstress. Any eye-color suggestions?

(07-03-2014, 11:36 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: She is a cutie!

(07-03-2014, 12:20 PM)AliceMR Wrote: Really well done! The wig you chose really suits her new customized faceup yay

Thank you for the kind words. grin
I still would not ever even try a faceup; I'm sure I would make a mess. I admire the efforts of people who can do nice ones. She is cute -- I think you did a good job. (And I don't think she looks like an alien wink )
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
You did a great job, she's really sweet <3

Ahhhh she is so adorable!
I like green eyes. :3
hmm, my 1st thought for eyes is a pale brown/gold.Not only would they blend with her faceup but if she is going to wear that dress for a while they would match the red & yellow hearts smile
And as you probably remember, my go to eye colour is green. Also match the dress and blend nicely with the natural face.I was going to be all clever and suggest some of your chips by name Tongue but your store is out of stock ! upside down
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Wonderful job, she's adorable Heart

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

- The Girls -
Veritas My Melody x 2 Hello Kitty x 2
Nina Chill x 2 Papin Fanatica Nana Chan
Greggia Nahh-Ato x 4 Ddalgi Stella Sfoglia
Lunatic Queen x 2 Peter Pan '14 Kirakishou Nanette
La Robe Vert Clair Favorite Ribbon Prupate x 2
Yeolume x 2 Puki JouJou x 2 Maretti
Sucre Chanti Heart Macaron

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

>> Click to add me on Flickr <<
>> Click to add me on Tumblr <<

I don't like Yeolume, but your custom it's very beautiful
i LOVE her happy smile grin
I like her hair, and her natural looking faceup smile
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit