PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Apr. 27)
Ah, I really love those forest greens! I would love to swap places with Samantha ^^ And the Little Dal in Carrot Forest looks super cute!

Good luck getting used to the new computer! And I'm sad to hear the recovery costs are awful sad

(07-23-2020, 02:29 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm determinedly not looking up anything about them, because I want the fun & surprise of watching the flowers open for the first time.  I canNOT figure out why they've decided to bloom NOW... I've had them probably 15 years and they've never bloomed!!  Is that their lifespan?  Are they like the ahinahina that blooms at the end of its life...?  I could look that up too, but I might accidentally see a photo LOL so I haven't.

The mother plant that shot up the flower does die after this process, but it shoots out a number of offsprings around her before she does so. According to a source, that's the reason for the plant family's name (semper translates to ~forever, vivum to living).
I just had a quick look, and read that Sempervivums take from 2 to 8 years to produce flowers, depending on their species and their living conditions.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (new July 24) - by Loona - 07-26-2020, 12:09 AM