PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Mar. 27)
Earlier today I stumbled upon some lovely orchids in a homeware store, and I immediately thought of you (before I started thinking about whether I ever managed to comment on these pictures - nope, I just found my response in my drafts  Irritated ). They were dropping their blooms and were heavily discounted as a result, and there were some that looked tempting (and so did an "indoor ivy"), but I didn't have time to start looking up care instructions for them (I did it for the ivy, because I love ivy, but sadly they made me decide against buying it), so I didn't buy any. Coming home to read your latest post mentioning how much time you spend with your plants, has made me realise I made the right decision. It made me re-count the number of pots I have (which is almost 50 even if I don't count 'temporary' ones like some seedlings I plan to trade or give away), and think about the time *I* spend with them. Impulse plant-purchases are not what I need smile

I really like how you coordinated the colours and matched up the flowers with matching girls! Lila's ombre hair is still gorgeous, and while it doesn't match, it being lighter on top creates a cool ombre effect also with the even lighter flower. The mini Oncidium looks wonderful (and I love the fact that it has a fragrance!), and Robyn looks gorgeous with it. It adds to the picture that the flowers are little, so they work well with her scale-wise. The picture in which she's behind the flowers, and the pot is not showing looks like it was taken while she was taking a stroll in a botanical garden smile
Crystal getting ready to give one of the Phal flowers a hug is beyond cute! I remember how it brought warmth into a dark (not only sun-wise) day back when I saw these photos first, and it did it again also now (but luckily today wasn't dark in any way smile ). Her dear, loving ex-pression as she looks at the flower... awww :3
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (The Flower Show, Dec. 13) - by Loona - 12-30-2020, 06:44 AM