PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Apr. 27)
(02-11-2021, 03:59 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Petra being a snow princess. (...) She's so cute.

...and the cold never bothered her anyway Tongue She looks regal in that dress out in the snow, but, just like dargosmydaddy, I too am shivering just looking at her grin

That red rosy set looks like it was meant to be for Catalina! Daesani rocked that outfit too, but on Catalina it turns into something that is on a next level! Maybe it's her darker skin tone and red lips. It looks like she's in her element out there, enjoying the snow. The shots in the woods, with the light passing through the trees at an angle, are otherwordly!

(02-11-2021, 03:59 PM)Alliecat Wrote: What all do you have in your 50 pots?

I believe the majority of my plants are still succulents (and therefore plenty of pots aren't too big, so that number isn't as enormous as it sounds), those were the plants I loved the most all my life. I have 10 pots of various cacti, 5 pots of Aloes (3 pots out of which are the good old Aloe vera - I can't give either away because of emotional reasons. One is the plant my parents brought me when they first visited my apartment after I moved out, one is the "Mama" plant of that plant, that came to live with me after my mother died, and one is a little Darwin Award candidate whom I found during repotting. She was  a yellowy transparent sprout growing inside one of the pots in a circle, surrounding the pot like a snake. She clearly came out on the wrong side of the pot, LOL. I felt sorry for her, and planted her, hoping that once she gets actual light, she'll turn green and eventually starts to grow normal. Which she did), 2 Haworthias, 2 Gasterias, Mizzi, the Euphorbia trigona who demands individual recognition because she's around my height now (and thorny and poisonous. I'd rather not upset her grin ), and some other succulents of various kinds. Several of them are rescues in the non-shop way: I found them as a single leaf or part, broken off either in a shop (by a careless bypasser - I'd never break off a plant part like that - in a shop or elsewhere, no matter how much I liked the plant) or in the streets (obviously not locally - 2 of them came from Italy like this. They re houseplants sold in shops here, but street vegetation over there).
The first non-succulent came to live with me when my mother's plants needed rehoming after her passing. That's how I came to live with 3 Yuccas, and 2 plants I have never managed to identify (I suspect one is a Croton, and the other one *slightly* resembles a Monstera, but it is much smaller, and the concave parts of the leaves are more regular and vawy, a lot less ragged). And in the past 2 years or so, I've deliberately added some non-succulents, because it bugged me how plant-barren the apartment is if you exclude the windows (all of my then-plants needed plenty of light), and you can't really find succulents that do well in worse light conditions. I also realised that I don't *have* to have succulents only. I never not liked other types of plants, I just... didn't really consider them for some reason. The first plant I got with this intention was a Pothos from my mother-in-law - I noticed how it grows eagerly in her house, even in darker spots, and asked some questions  which led to her cutting 3 pairs of leaves for me to root and then plant. The 6 leaves have now grown into 16, and she seems to be feeling OK next to my desk, about 5 metres away from the nearest window. I have since got another Pothos (a variegated variant), a spider plant, a Monstera Monkey Leaf and a Sansevieria, who all seem to enjoy living a bit further away from the window (though not as far as this Pothos). They are all plant swap rescues (I wrote about these swaps in your Pic-A-Week thread) - the unplanted Sansevieria was brought to a swap (in a bottle with water) for at least 3 times (first by the original owner, then the organisers took her home and brought her to future swaps, in hope someone'll take her) before I felt too sorry for the - by then visibly worn&torn - plant and took her home. She is recovering fine and is starting to look nice. She isn't the only "leftover bit noone wanted"-type of plant swap rescue either - I also have a Syngonium who came to me as a single tiny leaf left in a bowl of water on a swap that I felt sorry for and decided to take before the organisers threw it into the trash during cleaning up (now she has 4 leaves), and a Tradescantia pallida who was left behind in a similar way. This latter is actually a plant I will likely rehome once the plant swaps restart (she looks great now, so she won't get left behind again), I don't feel that much of a connection to her (I actually planned to rehome the Syngonium too once she got stronger and more plant-like instead of the leftover single leaf, but I've grown to like her), she's both too fast-growing and too fragile for my taste, and she requires plenty of light, while I really don't have any space left for such plants in my windows. Oh, this reminds me there are also the two Hoyas - who are both suckers for the sun, but they had an exceptional pass into the window crew because I really wanted a Hoya.
(oops, sorry, this really turned out to be a crazy plant lady-post, and much longer than I planned - I hope you don't mind  Sweatdrop either the length, or the excessive use of Latin - I've always been a Linnaean plant namer, and thus I don't even know the Hungarian, let alone the English names of most of my plants :3 )
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (snow, Feb. 10) - by Loona - 02-15-2021, 05:37 AM