Marty and Ivy get a photoshoot!
I just recently got my first Pullip and the weather was nice this morning so I took the opportunity to get some photos of her! I wanted to get some good pictures of my Ai doll too so she joined in. So here's Marty (Pullip Akemi) and Ivy (Ai Doll English Ivy) having some fun outside!

(Constructive criticism is welcome; these are the first pictures I've put any real effort into but I'm hoping to change that in the future.)

[Image: 19697761884_68ef4a9b93.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 19697746364_ba5a7ea4c8.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20326290351_73d08a9f61.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20320285365_af69255a30.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20312736432_9228d30958.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20133102518_419c295929.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20312754912_5e34f77b6e.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20295015676_8dc109035f.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 19699812693_24c07a017b.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 20294535466_a68fb00ff3.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

Ivy will never admit it, but she's bonded with Marty now. She's not too thrilled with being treated like a baby, though.

[Image: 20132806030_de95a82c9b.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr

[Image: 19700255993_b538e5ea2b.jpg]Untitled by Marci Stevenson, on Flickr
Aw, how cute smile Isn't it exciting getting your first dollies to do photoshoots with! Ivy's little plushie is adorable, and it looks like the two of them will be fun to photograph together.
As far as "constructive criticism" goes, nice poses... you have good light on the ones of them in the tree, which is sometimes hard to do when they're in the shade. Did you have a reflector? And the ones of them in the sun aren't overly contrasty, which can also sometimes be a problem. Cloudy-bright days are best, or a little haze; the whole sky becomes a big light softbox. So, good job smile
If you are able to set the focus or depth of field on your camera to focus only on the dolls, and throw the background out of focus, it makes for better pictures because then your centre of interest -- the doll -- isn't competing with stuff in the background -- like the fence behind the tree, for example. (My little postage-stamp digicam won't really do this either, just my 'real camera' (film)).
I think my favourite is Marty in the grass; she looks like she's blissfully rocking out to the music.
Nice first photoshoot. Looking forward to seeing more! smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Fun photos! I don't know anything about photography, so I can't offer any constructive criticism. I liked the poses and I think they captured the personalities of your girls. It looks like Marty and Ivy had a good time playing outside. Thank you for sharing!
It's magnificent to see an ai doll getting some love. smile They're really very under-rated! smile

but.. I must know..! Who is the "Lord of Ebay" in your signature? smile
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
How adorable! You did a particularly good job of posing an Ai. They're not terribly cooperative.
(08-06-2015, 09:01 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Aw, how cute smile Isn't it exciting getting your first dollies to do photoshoots with! Ivy's little plushie is adorable, and it looks like the two of them will be fun to photograph together.
As far as "constructive criticism" goes, nice poses... you have good light on the ones of them in the tree, which is sometimes hard to do when they're in the shade. Did you have a reflector? And the ones of them in the sun aren't overly contrasty, which can also sometimes be a problem. Cloudy-bright days are best, or a little haze; the whole sky becomes a big light softbox. So, good job smile
If you are able to set the focus or depth of field on your camera to focus only on the dolls, and throw the background out of focus, it makes for better pictures because then your centre of interest -- the doll -- isn't competing with stuff in the background -- like the fence behind the tree, for example. (My little postage-stamp digicam won't really do this either, just my 'real camera' (film)).
I think my favourite is Marty in the grass; she looks like she's blissfully rocking out to the music.
Nice first photoshoot. Looking forward to seeing more! smile

Thanks! My "equipment" today was not really equipment at all- I just used my iPhone camera because it's the only camera I currently have, and the flash was on for the majority of the pictures. I did have a nice, partly-cloudy day to work with (I just barely missed the rain by a couple of hours with these, so I got lucky!) so I think that helped a lot.

The grass photo is one of my favorites too, although I think I'm just a little bit partial to the one where Marty's picking Ivy up against her will. smile

(08-06-2015, 10:34 AM)PollyPut the KettleOn Wrote: Fun photos! I don't know anything about photography, so I can't offer any constructive criticism. I liked the poses and I think they captured the personalities of your girls. It looks like Marty and Ivy had a good time playing outside. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks!

(08-06-2015, 10:37 AM)fishy Wrote: It's magnificent to see an ai doll getting some love. smile They're really very under-rated! smile

but.. I must know..! Who is the "Lord of Ebay" in your signature? smile

I love Ai dolls! Ivy's the only one I have right now but I doubt that stays true for very long!

Hehe, the Lord of Ebay is a superhero character of mine. She got created in high school as the result of my friend mishearing something I said, and ever since I've been coming up with stories and stuff for her with the intent of maybe someday drawing a comic about her. (It will probably never happen but I can dream, right?) I made a custom Ever After High doll of her, so that's why she's in the signature list. There's a picture of her up in my doll profiles thread, but she's high on my priorities for receiving a proper photoshoot- she's one of my favorite customs I've done.

(08-06-2015, 11:49 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: How adorable! You did a particularly good job of posing an Ai. They're not terribly cooperative.

Thank you! Ivy's pretty floppy a lot of the time but she does stand pretty well if you position her just right so as long as there wasn't a breeze she worked with me pretty well!
Great first photoshoot! Your girls are looking very pretty and I'm loving the pictures of your little Ai doll especially. smile
My only suggestion would be not to use flash, especially when you have pretty good sunny weather, pictures would look softer and would not cause things to look too shiny, mostly happens to wigs and eyes. If you use iPhone camera and pictures look little dark, you can always use the editing tools and play around with light, colour, saturation and so on.
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~