A rare little gift from Mother Nature
I think there's a butterfly exhibit at the Cleveland zoo; it's been forever since I've been there & I love the rainforest so much! The butterflies at Niagara came to mind first because I used to live there grin
Your girls and the butterfly posed beautifully for the pictures. I always love where you take the pictures, it looks so peaceful. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
(10-14-2015, 04:32 AM)martah Wrote: Your girls and the butterfly posed beautifully for the pictures. I always love where you take the pictures, it looks so peaceful. smile

Thank you grin Yes, I am very lucky to have this lovely little bit of woodlot in the backyard, and a beach down the road. Not a city person, so I'm thankful for it.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-08-2015, 04:29 PM)Severity Wrote: The butterfly conservatory in a Niagara Falls is one of my favorite places; the time I went with fuchsia hair I made so many butterfly friends landing right on my head! They were probably thinking "what sort of flower is this and why can I not eat from it?" It was so very much fun. Gosh I need a passport.

I Heart Heart Heart that place! I've only been once, but if I lived nearby I'd probably be there daily.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
How magical and thank you for all the information about the butterfly. We don't get Monarch butterflies in the UK (obviously) but I have always been fascinated by their mass migrations......such an amazing quirk of nature!

And I have got to ask........how on earth do you 'tag' a butterfly?!!!
(10-16-2015, 04:36 AM)Little mouse Wrote: How magical and thank you for all the information about the butterfly. We don't get Monarch butterflies in the UK (obviously) but I have always been fascinated by their mass migrations......such an amazing quirk of nature!

I was curious, because I'd found out they were in Hawaii when I was there, so I googled, and I found this. I learned something new, so thanks for mentioning it smile
http://www.butterfly-guide.co.uk/help/monmig.htm

(10-16-2015, 04:36 AM)Little mouse Wrote: And I have got to ask........how on earth do you 'tag' a butterfly?!!!

It was a tiny sticker that folded over the leading edge of the forewing. You'd just rub off a little patch of scales so it would stick, and press it on. Worked really well. This is from a later program which I briefly also tagged for, but didn't find their tags stuck well.

[Image: monarch%20tagging%20KAC2753.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oh wow!
Thank you so much for that information too.......that was so interesting! I had no idea we could get as many Monarch butterfly migrants as that in one year!!!
Though those large numbers have not occurred again in nearly 15 years.......I found out that 300 were spotted in 1999.......but it was quite sad hearing how the butterflies couldn't really cope at all with our weather after even lunchtime here.....poor things.
And as far as I can see only 5 were spotted in the UK last year; I can't find any sighting for this year at all yet.

And thank you for the tagging information too.

I learn so much when I am playing with dolls! LOL!

So I had better fliip back to the dolls as this is a doll board and say again how much I enjoyed looking at the photos.
Thank you so much!